Tel: (810) 766-4000
- Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment. We’re proud to have a 97 percent employment rate among our available graduates. In addition, all our graduates receive Lifetime Employment Assistance—free and forever. This is Baker College’s flagship campus. The extensive campus contains modern classrooms with multi-media systems, offices, comfortable residence halls and apartments, state-of-the-art medical and computer labs, and a technology center—along with a library, a fitness center, bookstore and even a café. Although we have the facilities of a big-college campus, we offer a friendly and personal atmosphere. Classes are small. Instructors and staff are committed to doing what it takes to help you succeed.
The teacher population of 108 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Baker College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Master's Colleges & Universities: Larger Programs||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||108 staff||103 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,715 students | 3.20 Mi1401 E Court St
Flint,  MI  48503
(810) 762-0200 3.207,715
- 2,512 students | 24.00 Mi1020 S. Washington Street
Owosso,  MI  48867
(989) 729-3350 24.002,512
- 2,703 students | 31.50 Mi1500 University Drive
Auburn Hills,  MI  48326
(248) 340-0600 31.502,703
- 15,411 students | 34.90 Mi2480 Opdyke Rd
Bloomfield Hills,  MI  48304
(248) 341-2000 34.9015,411
- 1,098 students | 35.20 Mi800 West Avon Road
Rochester Hills,  MI  48307
(248) 218-2011 35.201,098
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.