Mott Community College
- The mission of Mott Community College is to provide high quality, accessible and affordable educational opportunities and services – including university transfer, technical and lifelong learning programs – that promote individual development and improve the overall quality of life in a multicultural community.
- The teacher population of 234 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mott Community College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||234 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,937 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,417 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,520 students||1,914 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,800||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The history of Mott Community College spans more than 80 years of success and service. In 1923, the Flint Board of Education established Flint Junior College to make a college education available to Genesee County students at a minimal cost without forcing them to leave home. On September 23, 1923, the first class of what would become Mott Community College was held. In 1996 MCC began development of the Regional Technology Center (RTC), a center for high-technology education built on the site of the old St. Joseph Hospital, adjacent to the main campus. The $40 million facility opened in September 2002 and drew over 1,300 students its first semester. In addition, thousands of area residents have attended community events at the new RTC. During the same period, additional extension centers were opened in Howell and Clio plus other community technology centers were established in Flint to help bridge the “digital divide.” MCC offers over 100 different Programs and hundreds of specific classes. Whether you want a degree, college transfer or career training, you will find something that will bring you success. Mott Community College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,726 students | 3.20 Mi1050 West Bristol Road
Flint,  MI  48507
- 2,512 students | 25.30 Mi1020 S. Washington Street
Owosso,  MI  48867
- 2,703 students | 32.70 Mi1500 University Drive
Auburn Hills,  MI  48326
- 1,113 students | 36.00 Mi800 West Avon Road
Rochester,  MI  48307
- 24,031 students | 36.20 Mi2480 Opdyke Rd
Bloomfield Hills,  MI  48304
Combine underwater adventures with scientific discoveries and crystal blue waters, and you may have a dream career as a marine biologist. Learn about how you can start your marine biology training right at community college!
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.