Mott Community College
- The mission of Mott Community College is to provide high quality, accessible and affordable educational opportunities and services – including university transfer, technical and lifelong learning programs – that promote individual development and improve the overall quality of life in a multicultural community.
- Enrollment: 5,920 students
- In-state tuition: $4,888
- Out-state tuition: $6,702
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 28%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The history of Mott Community College spans more than 80 years of success and service. In 1923, the Flint Board of Education established Flint Junior College to make a college education available to Genesee County students at a minimal cost without forcing them to leave home. On September 23, 1923, the first class of what would become Mott Community College was held. In 1996 MCC began development of the Regional Technology Center (RTC), a center for high-technology education built on the site of the old St. Joseph Hospital, adjacent to the main campus. The $40 million facility opened in September 2002 and drew over 1,300 students its first semester. In addition, thousands of area residents have attended community events at the new RTC. During the same period, additional extension centers were opened in Howell and Clio plus other community technology centers were established in Flint to help bridge the “digital divide.” MCC offers over 100 different Programs and hundreds of specific classes. Whether you want a degree, college transfer or career training, you will find something that will bring you success. Mott Community College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mott Community College cost?
Mott Community College's tuition is approximately $4,888 for In-State students and $6,702 for Out-State students.
What is Mott Community College's ranking?
Mott Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Michigan for: Diversity in US community colleges.