Baker College of Owosso
Tel: (989) 729-3350
- Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment. We’re proud to have a 97 percent employment rate among our available graduates. In addition, all our graduates receive Lifetime Employment Assistance—free and forever. With its unique Swiss-chalet-style buildings, Baker College of Owosso may not look like a typical college—and in several important ways, it’s not. First of all, our facilities—including our Center for Technical Education—are equipped with the same technologies and systems (including medical labs) that you’ll use in the real world. The courses taught here are different too, stressing practical knowledge and hands-on learning, to prepare you as quickly as possible for employment. If you’re looking for a different kind of college, you’ll like what you see at Baker College of Owosso.
The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Baker College of Owosso||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||64 staff||103 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,332 students | 24.00 Mi1050 West Bristol Road
Flint, MI 48507
(810) 766-4000 24.009,332
- 7,715 students | 25.20 Mi1401 E Court St
Flint, MI 48503
(810) 762-0200 25.207,715
- 11,771 students | 26.00 Mi419 N Capitol Ave
Lansing, MI 48901
(517) 483-1957 26.0011,771
- 167 students | 27.20 Mi3215 S. Pennsylvania Avenue
Lansing, MI 48910
(517) 318-3330 27.20167
- 8,080 students | 40.30 Mi1961 Delta Road
University Center, MI 48710
(989) 686-9000 40.308,080
Learn about the dazzling jewelry programs and certificates that are available at your local community college campus.
Calling all tech-lovers! A new survey by Republic’s Center for Digital Education and Converge Online has ranked the community colleges that most effectively integrate digital technology into daily campus life.
Veteran Charles Wittington, a community college student, wrote about his killing addiction and was subsequently banned from campus. Was he entitled through free speech to express his opinion, or is campus safety more important? Weigh in on the controversy.