Baker College of Owosso
- Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment. We’re proud to have a 97 percent employment rate among our available graduates. In addition, all our graduates receive Lifetime Employment Assistance—free and forever. With its unique Swiss-chalet-style buildings, Baker College of Owosso may not look like a typical college—and in several important ways, it’s not. First of all, our facilities—including our Center for Technical Education—are equipped with the same technologies and systems (including medical labs) that you’ll use in the real world. The courses taught here are different too, stressing practical knowledge and hands-on learning, to prepare you as quickly as possible for employment. If you’re looking for a different kind of college, you’ll like what you see at Baker College of Owosso.
- The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Baker College of Owosso||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||64 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,512 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,572 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||940 students||1,914 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||496||288|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,600||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Baker College of Owosso is Baker College of Flint (23.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,726 students | 23.90 Mi1050 West Bristol Road
Flint,  MI  48507
- 8,937 students | 25.30 Mi1401 E Court St
Flint,  MI  48503
- 16,031 students | 25.80 Mi419 N Capitol Ave
Lansing,  MI  48901
- 9,842 students | 40.50 Mi1961 Delta Road
University Center,  MI  48710
- 1,047 students | 45.20 MiE4946 Jackson Rd
Ironwood,  MI  49938
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.