Baker College of Owosso
- Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment. We’re proud to have a 97 percent employment rate among our available graduates. In addition, all our graduates receive Lifetime Employment Assistance—free and forever. With its unique Swiss-chalet-style buildings, Baker College of Owosso may not look like a typical college—and in several important ways, it’s not. First of all, our facilities—including our Center for Technical Education—are equipped with the same technologies and systems (including medical labs) that you’ll use in the real world. The courses taught here are different too, stressing practical knowledge and hands-on learning, to prepare you as quickly as possible for employment. If you’re looking for a different kind of college, you’ll like what you see at Baker College of Owosso.
- The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Baker College of Owosso||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||64 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,512 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,572 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||940 students||1,914 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||496||288|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,600||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Baker College of Owosso is Baker College of Flint (24.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,726 students | 24.00 Mi1050 West Bristol Road
Flint,  MI  48507
- 8,937 students | 25.20 Mi1401 E Court St
Flint,  MI  48503
- 16,031 students | 26.00 Mi419 N Capitol Ave
Lansing,  MI  48901
- 9,842 students | 40.30 Mi1961 Delta Road
University Center,  MI  48710
- 1,937 students | 51.10 Mi2800 Springport Rd
Jackson,  MI  49202
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.