- Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment. We’re proud to have a 97 percent employment rate among our available graduates. In addition, all our graduates receive Lifetime Employment Assistance—free and forever. With its unique Swiss-chalet-style buildings, Baker College of Owosso may not look like a typical college—and in several important ways, it’s not. First of all, our facilities—including our Center for Technical Education—are equipped with the same technologies and systems (including medical labs) that you’ll use in the real world. The courses taught here are different too, stressing practical knowledge and hands-on learning, to prepare you as quickly as possible for employment. If you’re looking for a different kind of college, you’ll like what you see at Baker College of Owosso.
Baker College of Owosso serves 2,512 students (63% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 39:1 is higher than the state community college average of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 29%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,512 students
- Private-state tuition: $8,280
- Student:teacher ratio: 39:1
- Minority enrollment: 5%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Baker College of Owosso
(MI) Community College Avg.
Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Baker College of Owosso has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 39:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Baker College of Owosso diversity score of 0.10 is less than the state average of 0.47. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $8,280 is less than the state average of $11,103. The private state tuition has grown by 9% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Baker College of Owosso cost?
Baker College of Owosso's private state tuition is approximately $8,280.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.