Baker College of Owosso
Tel: (989) 729-3350
- Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment. We’re proud to have a 97 percent employment rate among our available graduates. In addition, all our graduates receive Lifetime Employment Assistance—free and forever. With its unique Swiss-chalet-style buildings, Baker College of Owosso may not look like a typical college—and in several important ways, it’s not. First of all, our facilities—including our Center for Technical Education—are equipped with the same technologies and systems (including medical labs) that you’ll use in the real world. The courses taught here are different too, stressing practical knowledge and hands-on learning, to prepare you as quickly as possible for employment. If you’re looking for a different kind of college, you’ll like what you see at Baker College of Owosso.
The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Baker College of Owosso||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||64 staff||100 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Baker College of Owosso is Baker College of Flint (24.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,726 students | 24.00 Mi1050 West Bristol Road
Flint,  MI  48507
(810) 766-4000 24.003,726
- 8,937 students | 25.20 Mi1401 E Court St
Flint,  MI  48503
(810) 762-0200 25.208,937
- 16,031 students | 26.00 Mi419 N Capitol Ave
Lansing,  MI  48901
(517) 483-1999 26.0016,031
- 9,842 students | 40.30 Mi1961 Delta Road
University Center,  MI  48710
(989) 686-9000 40.309,842
- 1,937 students | 51.10 Mi2800 Springport Rd
Jackson,  MI  49202
(517) 789-6123 51.101,937
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.