Baker College of Owosso
- Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment. We’re proud to have a 97 percent employment rate among our available graduates. In addition, all our graduates receive Lifetime Employment Assistance—free and forever. With its unique Swiss-chalet-style buildings, Baker College of Owosso may not look like a typical college—and in several important ways, it’s not. First of all, our facilities—including our Center for Technical Education—are equipped with the same technologies and systems (including medical labs) that you’ll use in the real world. The courses taught here are different too, stressing practical knowledge and hands-on learning, to prepare you as quickly as possible for employment. If you’re looking for a different kind of college, you’ll like what you see at Baker College of Owosso.
- The teacher population of 64 teachers has grown by 166% over five years.
|Baker College of Owosso||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||64 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,512 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,572 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||940 students||1,914 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||496||288|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,600||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,726 students | 23.90 Mi1050 West Bristol Road
Flint,  MI  48507
- 8,937 students | 25.30 Mi1401 E Court St
Flint,  MI  48503
- 16,031 students | 25.80 Mi419 N Capitol Ave
Lansing,  MI  48901
- 9,842 students | 40.50 Mi1961 Delta Road
University Center,  MI  48710
- 1,110 students | 45.20 MiE4946 Jackson Rd
Ironwood,  MI  49938
February 07, 2018
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
December 21, 2017
Many students start their academic careers at a community college, hoping to transfer to a four-year university, but find themselves missing the mark. Thankfully, a new report surveying university leaders provides ideas on how to help students make the transfer successfully.
December 21, 2017
Learn about the research that shows how participation in community college boosts student performance and success.