Oakland Community College
- OCC is a student-centered institution which provides high quality learning opportunities and services for individuals, communities, and organizations on an accessible, affordable basis.
- Enrollment: 14,511 students
- In-state tuition: $4,725
- Out-state tuition: $6,585
- Student:teacher ratio: 17:1
- Minority enrollment: 37%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Oakland Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- With a student enrollment of 75,000, we are the largest community college in Michigan and the 14th largest in the United States. Our five campuses are located at strategic points throughout Oakland County: Auburn Hills, Farmington Hills, Waterford, Royal Oak and Southfield. OCC offers degrees and certificates in more than 125 career fields, as well as university transfer degrees in business, science and the liberal arts. The Oakland Community College District was established by the electorate of Oakland County, Michigan, on June 8, 1964. The area served encompasses almost 900 square miles and has an assessed valuation of over $25 billion. The College opened in September 1965, with a record community college initial enrollment of 3,860 students on two campuses - Highland Lakes, a renovated hospital in Union Lake, and Auburn Hills, a former Army Nike missile site in Auburn Heights. Occupying a nine-acre site on Opdyke Road in Bloomfield Hills, the George A. Bee Administration Center, also known as the District Office, serves as the administrative center for the College. Collegewide administrative support and operational services are housed here to help the College operate more efficiently. Its central location offers another convenient point in the County for the provision of student and community services. OCC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Oakland Community College cost?
Oakland Community College's tuition is approximately $4,725 for In-State students and $6,585 for Out-State students.
What is Oakland Community College's ranking?
Oakland Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Michigan for: Diversity in US community colleges, Average community college minority breakdown, Largest student body, Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation) and Least debt for graduating students.