- Arizona Western College offers educational, career, and life-long learning opportunities through innovative partnerships which enhance the lives of people in Yuma and La Paz counties. The staff's devotion to partnering with its community has enabled Arizona Western to become a nationally recognized, premier learning community college offering open access to education in southwest Arizona. The Arizona Western College/Northern Arizona University partnership is regarded as the technological learning hub for the southwest region of the United States. Through its technically advanced worldwide alternative distance learning partnership, AWC students participate in career, technical, or transfer classes offered at accessible learning centers.
- Enrollment: 6,487 students
- In-state tuition: $2,480
- Out-state tuition: $8,085
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 76%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Arizona Western College, through its focus on an integrated enrollment management plan, has opened doors to diverse students on a local, national, and global level with enrollment soaring by 200% F.T.S.E. Aggressive statewide marketing, coupled with computerized registration, financial aid, retention and articulation programs, has resulted in increased proportions of full-time students in the AWC/NAU partnership. The Arizona Western College/Northern Arizona University in Yuma International Student Partnership represents a student population drawn from over twenty nations world wide making the college a "multi-cultural" learning center. Performance-based learning connections for men and women involved in athletics, government, music, drama, and leadership demonstrates that Arizona Western College exemplifies excellence in both team building participation and learning. Talent and education are combined to produce service oriented citizens that enhance the quality of life in southwest Arizona. Equal access for men and women in performance-based activities has opened more and more areas for national recognition and achievement for deserving Arizona Western students. Staff members are part of a highly networked team that focus on learning rather than on organizational borders or boundaries commonly encountered in colleges without AWC's vision and vitality. Arizona Western College values are rooted in the delivery of high quality comprehensive learning opportunities for the people of Yuma and La Paz Counties. The Department of Campus Life supports the College Vision by providing a variety of services, programs and activities designed to encourage growth and development in leadership, citizenship, collaboration and respect for cultural and intellectual diversity. We strive to create opportunities that emphasize healthy lifestyles, communication, critical thinking, identity development, and moral reasoning to assist students in achieving academic success and becoming responsible members of the community.