Anoka-Ramsey Community College
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College is an open-door, comprehensive higher education institution committed to excellence in teaching and learning. Anoka-Ramsey is committed to responding to the educational needs of its changing communities and to providing opportunities for enhancing knowledge, skills, and values in a supportive learning environment.
Anoka-Ramsey Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 169 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Anoka-Ramsey Community College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||169 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,877 students||1,302 students|
|# Full-Time Students||3,068 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,809 students||534 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,500||$35,400|
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College (ARCC) is a multi-campus institution and a member institution of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system. The Coon Rapids Campus is located on the banks of the Mississippi River twenty miles north of downtown Minneapolis. The Cambridge Campus is located on west Highway 95 on the Rum River in Cambridge. Beginning in 1965 with 600 students in a wing of Centennial High School in Circle Pines, Anoka-Ramsey Community College has grown considerably. In 1967 the college moved to the current Coon Rapids Campus of approximately 103 acres. The Cambridge Campus opened in 1978 and has shown consistent growth in enrollment and facilities. In addition, students may complete many ARCC college courses at convenient off-site locations throughout the neighboring communities. During the 2003-2004 academic year, 9,798 students completed credit classes at the college. Annually, the college serves over 9,000 learners of all ages as they pursue associate degrees that transfer as the first two years of a bachelor's degree, or certificate programs that lead immediately to rewarding careers. Anoka-Ramsey Community College is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. The college also focuses on providing professional development and continuing education programs for working adults. Over 7,000 students enroll in these courses each year. Anoka-Ramsey Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The Registered Nurse, AS program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. The Physical Therapist Assistant, AAS program is accredited by The Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association. ARCC is governed by the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees.
- The nearest community college to Anoka-Ramsey Community College is Anoka Technical College (4.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,165 students | 4.50 Mi1355 Highway 10 West
Anoka,  MN  55303
- 7,384 students | 5.00 Mi7411 85th Ave N
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
- 7,409 students | 5.90 Mi9000 Brooklyn Blvd
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
- 328 students | 8.30 Mi435 Ford Road St. Louis Park
Minnesota,  MN  55426
- 438 students | 8.30 Mi435 Ford Road
Minneapolis,  MN  55426