North Hennepin Community College
- The teacher population of 161 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Hennepin Community College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||161 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,384 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||46:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,034 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,350 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,200||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1963 the Minnesota Legislature created the Minnesota State Junior College Board and provided for 15 colleges, including on that was to be located in the Northwest area of Hennepin County. North Hennepin Junior College opened its doors to 414 students in the year 1966. North Hennepin State Junior College changed its name to North Hennepin Community College in the year 1973. North Hennepin Community College is part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system and is located in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota ' a rapidly growing Minneapolis/St. Paul suburb. The College serves the Northwest metropolitan area including the communities of Brooklyn Park, Maple Grove, Osseo, Champlin, Brooklyn Center, New Hope, Robbinsdale, Crystal, Plymouth, Minneapolis, Fridley, Blaine, Spring Lake Park, Coon Rapids, Corcoran, Rogers, St. Michael, Buffalo, Rogers, Elk River, Monticello, Dayton and others. At North Hennepin you can earn your Associate Degree Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree Associate in Science (A.S.) degree Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree. Most of our classes are designed to allow you to transfer credits to four-year colleges and universities. The Center for Training and Development offers non-credit continuing education and customized training programs. North Hennepin makes it possible for students to continue working while taking classes with every-Other weekend college, accelerated programs, web enhanced programs, online programs, flexible-hour programs and off-campus classes offered at our Wright County Center.
- The nearest community college to North Hennepin Community College is Hennepin Technical College (1.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,409 students | 1.20 Mi9000 Brooklyn Blvd
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
- 328 students | 3.40 Mi5700 West Broadway
Minneapolis,  MN  55428
- 375 students | 3.40 Mi 435 Ford Road
Minneapolis,  MN  55426
- 7,877 students | 5.00 Mi11200 Mississippi Blvd. NW
Minneapolis,  MN  55433
- 2,165 students | 8.00 Mi1355 Highway 10 West
Anoka,  MN  55303
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.