North Hennepin Community College
- The teacher population of 161 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Hennepin Community College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||161 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,384 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||46:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,034 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,350 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,200||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1963 the Minnesota Legislature created the Minnesota State Junior College Board and provided for 15 colleges, including on that was to be located in the Northwest area of Hennepin County. North Hennepin Junior College opened its doors to 414 students in the year 1966. North Hennepin State Junior College changed its name to North Hennepin Community College in the year 1973. North Hennepin Community College is part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system and is located in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota ' a rapidly growing Minneapolis/St. Paul suburb. The College serves the Northwest metropolitan area including the communities of Brooklyn Park, Maple Grove, Osseo, Champlin, Brooklyn Center, New Hope, Robbinsdale, Crystal, Plymouth, Minneapolis, Fridley, Blaine, Spring Lake Park, Coon Rapids, Corcoran, Rogers, St. Michael, Buffalo, Rogers, Elk River, Monticello, Dayton and others. At North Hennepin you can earn your Associate Degree Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree Associate in Science (A.S.) degree Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree. Most of our classes are designed to allow you to transfer credits to four-year colleges and universities. The Center for Training and Development offers non-credit continuing education and customized training programs. North Hennepin makes it possible for students to continue working while taking classes with every-Other weekend college, accelerated programs, web enhanced programs, online programs, flexible-hour programs and off-campus classes offered at our Wright County Center.
- The nearest community college to North Hennepin Community College is Hennepin Technical College (1.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,409 students | 1.20 Mi9000 Brooklyn Blvd
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
- 328 students | 3.40 Mi435 Ford Road St. Louis Park
Minnesota,  MN  55426
- 375 students | 3.40 Mi 435 Ford Road
Minneapolis,  MN  55426
- 7,877 students | 5.00 Mi11200 Mississippi Blvd. NW
Minneapolis,  MN  55433
- 2,165 students | 8.00 Mi1355 Highway 10 West
Anoka,  MN  55303
Against massive budget cuts, community colleges have been forced to take drastic measures, including cutting entire programs ranging from the culinary arts to athletics.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.