- Since 1958, Prince Georgeï¿½s Community College has been providing educational opportunities for students from Prince Georgeï¿½s County and around the world. Dr. Charlene M. Dukes serves as the collegeï¿½s eighth president. Under her leadership, the college continues to strive for excellence in providing opportunities for learning as a world-class institution of higher education.
- Enrollment: 11,357 students
- In-state tuition: $5,570
- Out-state tuition: $7,850
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 94%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Prince George's Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The college's main campus is located in Largo, Maryland, with additional sites at University Town Center in Hyattsville, Laurel College Center and Andrews Air Force Base. The college partners with Howard Community College to offer classes at the Laurel College Center. Each year nearly 40,000 students take part in more than 60 programs of study in a wide range of traditional and cutting-edge disciplines. With an average class size of 20, Prince George's Community College provides students with an enriching, learning-centered environment in which to further their academic and professional careers. Academic programs are divided into two categories: Transfer programs parallel the first two years of a bachelor's degree and are designed to help students transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Transfer programs also provide undergraduate prerequisites for students majoring in pre-pharmacy, pre-dental, pre-law, pre-medicine and pre-physical therapy. Career programs provide technical skills necessary for employment and career advancement. Many of the credits earned in career programs transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Prince George's Community College is home to a number of special programs that address the needs and interests of county residents. These include the Book Bridge Project, the Center for Business and Industry Training and the Children's Developmental Clinic.