Brown Mackie College-Michigan City
- Brown Mackie College ? Michigan City is dedicated to helping you complete a college education that will prepare you to launch a career or enhance your current one in an increasingly competitive economy. Here, you can choose from programs that will enable you to become part of the growing fields of business, health care, legal assistance, or computer technology. At Brown Mackie College as a student, you can take advantage of tutoring from experienced instructors; externships in your chosen field; industry-relevant technology, software and equipment, job search assistance for graduates. Your academic success is important to us. We know life can be hectic and you need to fit education into your already busy schedule-we're here to help you make that happen. Your education - and your future - starts here at our Michigan City, Indiana, college. And you won't be alone. You'll discover a support system of your peers, instructors, and support staff members who are just as invested in your academic success as you are.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Michigan City||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||8 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||112 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||112 students||507 students|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Michigan City is Purdue University-North Central Campus (6.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,177 students | 6.50 Mi1401 S US Hwy 421
Westville,  IN  46391
- 218 students | 22.20 Mi111 W 10th St Ste 111
Hobart,  IN  46342
- 8,559 students | 23.90 Mi1440 E 35th Ave
Gary,  IN  46409
- 512 students | 26.80 Mi1000 E 80th Place, Suite 2055
Merrillville,  IN  46410
- 299 students | 31.40 Mi7833 Indianapolis Blvd
Hammond,  IN  46324
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.