Brown Mackie College-Michigan City
- Brown Mackie College ? Michigan City is dedicated to helping you complete a college education that will prepare you to launch a career or enhance your current one in an increasingly competitive economy. Here, you can choose from programs that will enable you to become part of the growing fields of business, health care, legal assistance, or computer technology. At Brown Mackie College as a student, you can take advantage of tutoring from experienced instructors; externships in your chosen field; industry-relevant technology, software and equipment, job search assistance for graduates. Your academic success is important to us. We know life can be hectic and you need to fit education into your already busy schedule-we're here to help you make that happen. Your education - and your future - starts here at our Michigan City, Indiana, college. And you won't be alone. You'll discover a support system of your peers, instructors, and support staff members who are just as invested in your academic success as you are.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Michigan City||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||8 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||112 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||112 students||507 students|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Michigan City is Purdue University-North Central Campus (6.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,177 students | 6.50 Mi1401 S US Hwy 421
Westville,  IN  46391
- 218 students | 22.10 Mi111 W 10th St Ste 111
Hobart,  IN  46342
- 8,559 students | 23.90 Mi1440 E 35th Ave
Gary,  IN  46409
- 512 students | 26.70 Mi1000 E 80th Place, Suite 2055
Merrillville,  IN  46410
- 520 students | 32.90 Mi54515 State Road 933 North
Notre Dame,  IN  46556
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.