Brown Mackie College-Michigan City
- Brown Mackie College ? Michigan City is dedicated to helping you complete a college education that will prepare you to launch a career or enhance your current one in an increasingly competitive economy. Here, you can choose from programs that will enable you to become part of the growing fields of business, health care, legal assistance, or computer technology. At Brown Mackie College as a student, you can take advantage of tutoring from experienced instructors; externships in your chosen field; industry-relevant technology, software and equipment, job search assistance for graduates. Your academic success is important to us. We know life can be hectic and you need to fit education into your already busy schedule-we're here to help you make that happen. Your education - and your future - starts here at our Michigan City, Indiana, college. And you won't be alone. You'll discover a support system of your peers, instructors, and support staff members who are just as invested in your academic success as you are.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Michigan City||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||8 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||112 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||112 students||507 students|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Michigan City is Purdue University-North Central Campus (6.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,177 students | 6.50 Mi1401 S US Hwy 421
Westville,  IN  46391
- 218 students | 22.20 Mi111 W 10th St Ste 111
Hobart,  IN  46342
- 8,559 students | 23.90 Mi1440 E 35th Ave
Gary,  IN  46409
- 512 students | 26.80 Mi1000 E 80th Place, Suite 2055
Merrillville,  IN  46410
- 520 students | 33.00 Mi54515 State Road 933 North
Notre Dame,  IN  46556
Not all community colleges are created equal, and some may just be on the verge of losing their accreditation. Witness the turmoil and recovery in the battle for accreditation at several community colleges.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.