- Wyotech-Long Beach offers career-oriented education in the automotive, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and health care career fields.Each of our programs meet industry specifications and standards. Through the use of industry-based advisory committees, employed graduate contacts, and faculty/industry interactions, WyoTech continually upgrades and modifies programs to enhance each graduateï¿½s employability. WyoTechï¿½s curricula allow students to concentrate exclusively on learning technical skills in diploma programs or to expand their education with associate degree programs. WyoTechï¿½s primary objectives are to impart specific knowledge and skills, to graduate each and every student who begins training, and to place them in their chosen fields. WyoTech Long Beachï¿½s Student Services Department assists students in searching for affordable rentals. The campus provides referrals for students in need of housing and is successful in helping students find compatible living arrangements.
The teacher population of 36 teachers has declined by 68% over five years.
|Wyotech-Long Beach||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Item not available||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||149 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||10||11|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,882||$5,500|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Wyotech-Long Beach is National Polytechnic College of Science (2.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 310 students | 2.90 Mi272 S Fries Ave l Los Angeles Harbor
Wilmington, CA 90744
(310) 816-5700 2.90310
- 8,704 students | 3.50 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington, CA 90744
(310) 233-4000 3.508,704
- 7,046 students | 5.80 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton, CA 90221
(310) 900-1600 5.807,046
- 23,845 students | 5.80 Mi4901 E. Carson St.
Long Beach, CA 90808
(562) 938-4111 5.8023,845
- 646 students | 7.60 Mi30800 Palos Verdes Drive East
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
(310) 303-7311 7.60646
While community colleges are a very affordable option over four-year universities, some campuses are increasing their tuition either across the board or for popular degree programs.
With a large percentage of community college students needing remedial coursework, educators and policymakers are questioning the causes and solutions to this problem. Gather insight into the issue and how students can better prepare for community college coursework.
Learn about the demand for technicians of alternative fuel automobiles and its future career potential. Start your career as an alternative fuel vehicle technician at your local community college.