- Wyotech-Long Beach offers career-oriented education in the automotive, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and health care career fields.Each of our programs meet industry specifications and standards. Through the use of industry-based advisory committees, employed graduate contacts, and faculty/industry interactions, WyoTech continually upgrades and modifies programs to enhance each graduateï¿½s employability. WyoTechï¿½s curricula allow students to concentrate exclusively on learning technical skills in diploma programs or to expand their education with associate degree programs. WyoTechï¿½s primary objectives are to impart specific knowledge and skills, to graduate each and every student who begins training, and to place them in their chosen fields. WyoTech Long Beachï¿½s Student Services Department assists students in searching for affordable rentals. The campus provides referrals for students in need of housing and is successful in helping students find compatible living arrangements.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wyotech-Long Beach||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||10||10|
|Total Enrollment||1,136 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,136 students||1,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,900||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,882||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Wyotech-Long Beach is American University of Health Sciences (2.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 252 students | 2.90 Mi1600 East Hill St
Signal Hill,  CA  90755
- 310 students | 3.00 Mi272 S Fries Ave l Los Angeles Harbor
Wilmington,  CA  90744
- 10,145 students | 3.50 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington,  CA  90744
- 7,611 students | 5.80 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton,  CA  90221
- 24,403 students | 5.80 Mi4901 E. Carson St.
Long Beach,  CA  90808
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.