- Wyotech-Long Beach offers career-oriented education in the automotive, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and health care career fields.Each of our programs meet industry specifications and standards. Through the use of industry-based advisory committees, employed graduate contacts, and faculty/industry interactions, WyoTech continually upgrades and modifies programs to enhance each graduateï¿½s employability. WyoTechï¿½s curricula allow students to concentrate exclusively on learning technical skills in diploma programs or to expand their education with associate degree programs. WyoTechï¿½s primary objectives are to impart specific knowledge and skills, to graduate each and every student who begins training, and to place them in their chosen fields. WyoTech Long Beachï¿½s Student Services Department assists students in searching for affordable rentals. The campus provides referrals for students in need of housing and is successful in helping students find compatible living arrangements.
The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wyotech-Long Beach||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||10||10|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,882||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Wyotech-Long Beach is American University of Health Sciences (2.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 252 students | 2.90 Mi1600 East Hill St
Signal Hill,  CA  90755
(562) 988-2278 2.90252
- 310 students | 2.90 Mi272 S Fries Ave l Los Angeles Harbor
Wilmington,  CA  90744
(310) 816-5700 2.90310
- 10,145 students | 3.50 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington,  CA  90744
(310) 233-4000 3.5010,145
- 7,611 students | 5.80 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton,  CA  90221
(310) 900-1600 5.807,611
- 24,403 students | 5.80 Mi4901 E. Carson St.
Long Beach,  CA  90808
(562) 938-4111 5.8024,403
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!