- Wyotech-Long Beach offers career-oriented education in the automotive, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and health care career fields.Each of our programs meet industry specifications and standards. Through the use of industry-based advisory committees, employed graduate contacts, and faculty/industry interactions, WyoTech continually upgrades and modifies programs to enhance each graduateï¿½s employability. WyoTechï¿½s curricula allow students to concentrate exclusively on learning technical skills in diploma programs or to expand their education with associate degree programs. WyoTechï¿½s primary objectives are to impart specific knowledge and skills, to graduate each and every student who begins training, and to place them in their chosen fields. WyoTech Long Beachï¿½s Student Services Department assists students in searching for affordable rentals. The campus provides referrals for students in need of housing and is successful in helping students find compatible living arrangements.
The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wyotech-Long Beach||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Item not available||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||149 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||10||11|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,882||$5,500|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Wyotech-Long Beach is National Polytechnic College of Science (2.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 310 students | 2.90 Mi272 S Fries Ave l Los Angeles Harbor
Wilmington, CA 90744
(310) 816-5700 2.90310
- 8,704 students | 3.50 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington, CA 90744
(310) 233-4000 3.508,704
- 7,046 students | 5.80 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton, CA 90221
(310) 900-1600 5.807,046
- 23,845 students | 5.80 Mi4901 E. Carson St.
Long Beach, CA 90808
(562) 938-4111 5.8023,845
- 646 students | 7.60 Mi30800 Palos Verdes Drive East
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
(310) 303-7311 7.60646
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?