American University of Health Sciences
American University of Health Sciences places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|American University of Health Sciences||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||31 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||252 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||252 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||5,903 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||244 students||1,490 students|
|# Graduate Students||8 students||80 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,900||$34,600|
- AUHS is a Christian-based, Minority-served Private University and it offers Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Pharm Sciences, and Master of Science in Clinical Research in the Long Beach area.
- Students can obtain healthcare degrees in the school of nursing, school of pharmacy or clinical research professions. AUHS is minority owned and places emphasis on the development of quality allied health professionals for the local and global community. From the foundation of training and health sciences degrees obtained, AUHS graduates are empowered to answer God’s call to provide care and service in the healthcare field to the world at large.
- Our mission at AUHS is accomplished through the creation of a strong and caring academic environment where excellence, diversity, and the development of the entire person—mind, body and spirit—is addressed and where teaching/learning, research, service and scholarship is valued and supported.
- BSNinfo@auhs.edu (for nursing)
- BSPSinfo@auhs.edu (for BSPS-PrePharm)
- MSCRinfo@auhs.edu (for MSCR)
- The nearest community college to American University of Health Sciences is Wyotech-Long Beach (2.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,136 students | 2.90 Mi2161 Technology Place
Long Beach,  CA  90810
- 24,403 students | 3.30 Mi4901 E. Carson St.
Long Beach,  CA  90808
- 310 students | 5.70 Mi272 S Fries Ave l Los Angeles Harbor
Wilmington,  CA  90744
- 7,611 students | 5.80 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton,  CA  90221
- 10,145 students | 6.40 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington,  CA  90744