Los Angeles Harbor College
- Los Angeles Harbor College fosters learning through comprehensive programs that meet the educational needs of the community as measured by student success, personal and institutional accountability, and integrity. The Los Angeles Harbor College Foundation, in alliance with corporations, foundations and individuals, is stepping forward to assure that the college is prepared to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. The 21st Century Learning Center will emphasize three educational priorities: Teaching Technology, Student Support Network and The 21st Century Campus.
- The teacher population of 206 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Los Angeles Harbor College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||206 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,145 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||49:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,719 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,426 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,600||$34,600|
- Los Angeles Harbor College, a comprehensive two-year public community college providing opportunity for transfer education, occupational training and life-long learning. We are proud of being the college of choice for Harbor area residents for more than 50 years. The excellence of our faculty, staff and programs are well known because of the excellent teaching and personalized attention we provide to those who come to us seeking to improve their knowledge and skills. The college is known for its excellent faculty and transfer programs, as well as programs responding to community and business needs. Partnerships have resulted in major grants for homeland security programs, training for the Los Angeles World Airport, the Port of Los Angeles and refineries, as well as our up-dated cable television studio (HCTV). Community residents can watch our expanded television coverage on Comcast Channel 27. From its beginning in September of 1949 when the first students passed through the doors, Harbor College has grown from a technically oriented college into a comprehensive institution of higher learning with a broad spectrum of transfer, vocational, and community services programs. Today, the nearly 8,000 students that enroll each semester in credit courses reflect the diverse ethnic composition of the communities served by the college. One of nine two-year public community colleges comprising the Los Angeles Community College District, Harbor College prides itself on being the college of choice for the nearly 400,000 residents of Carson, Harbor City, Gardena, Lomita, San Pedro, Wilmington, and the Palos Verdes Peninsula.
- The nearest community college to Los Angeles Harbor College is National Polytechnic College of Science (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 310 students | 1.50 Mi272 S Fries Ave l Los Angeles Harbor
Wilmington,  CA  90744
- 1,136 students | 3.50 Mi2161 Technology Place
Long Beach,  CA  90810
- 657 students | 4.60 Mi30800 Palos Verdes Drive East
Rancho Palos Verdes,  CA  90275
- 252 students | 6.40 Mi1600 East Hill St
Signal Hill,  CA  90755
- 24,207 students | 7.40 Mi16007 Crenshaw Blvd
Torrance,  CA  90506