National Polytechnic College of Science
Tel: (310)816-5700 Ext. 5721
- National Polytechnic College of Science is one of the nation's foremost institutions dedicated to preparing highly qualified graduates for a range of exciting careers in marine technology - including commercial diving, engineering technology, information technology, and telecommunications.
|National Polytechnic College of Science||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||310 students||7,516 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||94%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College's mission is to provide access to quality educational programs, faculty, and resources in technical fields that prepare a diverse student body for direct and successful entry into the workforce. National Polytechnic College of Science, a non-profit higher education institution accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The academic programs of National Polytechnic are focuses on commercial diving and marine technology, hyperbaric medical technology, EMT-B, Construction Management, Homeland Security,Health Information Technology, Substance Abuse Counseling, and Extended Learning , which offers shorter certificate courses such as the 50-hour Certified Hyperbaric Technologist program and Non-destructive Testing. The College was originally established in 1967 as the Commercial Diving Center at the Port of Los Angeles in Wilmington and later was renamed the College of Oceaneering in 1973 when it was purchased by Oceaneering International. In 2002, the College was purchased by National University and now is a non-profit organization and is a member of the National University System. Also in 2002, the College opened a second campus in San Diego, California. The College provides a number of services to help students attain their educational goals. In addition to the Office of Academics, several offices of the College join together to provide services for the academic, economic and personal needs of enrolled students. Student services include student advising and scheduling, records evaluation, Veteran's assistance, financial aid and other services.
- The nearest community college to National Polytechnic College of Science is Los Angeles Harbor College (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,145 students | 1.50 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington,  CA  90744
- 1,136 students | 3.00 Mi2161 Technology Place
Long Beach,  CA  90810
- 657 students | 4.60 Mi30800 Palos Verdes Drive East
Rancho Palos Verdes,  CA  90275
- 252 students | 5.70 Mi1600 East Hill St
Signal Hill,  CA  90755
- 7,611 students | 8.10 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton,  CA  90221
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.