National Polytechnic College of Science
Tel: (310) 816-5700 Ext. 5721
- National Polytechnic College of Science is one of the nation's foremost institutions dedicated to preparing highly qualified graduates for a range of exciting careers in marine technology - including commercial diving, engineering technology, information technology, and telecommunications.
|National Polytechnic College of Science||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Private Not-for-profit||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||94%||77%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College's mission is to provide access to quality educational programs, faculty, and resources in technical fields that prepare a diverse student body for direct and successful entry into the workforce. National Polytechnic College of Science, a non-profit higher education institution accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The academic programs of National Polytechnic are focuses on commercial diving and marine technology, hyperbaric medical technology, EMT-B, Construction Management, Homeland Security,Health Information Technology, Substance Abuse Counseling, and Extended Learning , which offers shorter certificate courses such as the 50-hour Certified Hyperbaric Technologist program and Non-destructive Testing. The College was originally established in 1967 as the Commercial Diving Center at the Port of Los Angeles in Wilmington and later was renamed the College of Oceaneering in 1973 when it was purchased by Oceaneering International. In 2002, the College was purchased by National University and now is a non-profit organization and is a member of the National University System. Also in 2002, the College opened a second campus in San Diego, California. The College provides a number of services to help students attain their educational goals. In addition to the Office of Academics, several offices of the College join together to provide services for the academic, economic and personal needs of enrolled students. Student services include student advising and scheduling, records evaluation, Veteran's assistance, financial aid and other services.
The nearest community college to National Polytechnic College of Science is Los Angeles Harbor College (1.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,694 students | 1.40 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington, CA 90744
(310) 233-4000 1.408,694
- 646 students | 4.60 Mi30800 Palos Verdes Drive East
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
(310) 303-7311 4.60646
- 384 students | 5.70 Mi1600 East Hill St
Signal Hill, CA 90755
- 5,760 students | 8.00 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton, CA 90221
(310) 900-1600 8.005,760
- 24,127 students | 8.70 Mi4901 E. Carson St.
Long Beach, CA 90808
(562) 938-4111 8.7024,127
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.