National Polytechnic College of Science
Tel: (310) 816-5700 Ext. 5721
- National Polytechnic College of Science is one of the nation's foremost institutions dedicated to preparing highly qualified graduates for a range of exciting careers in marine technology - including commercial diving, engineering technology, information technology, and telecommunications.
|National Polytechnic College of Science||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||94%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College's mission is to provide access to quality educational programs, faculty, and resources in technical fields that prepare a diverse student body for direct and successful entry into the workforce. National Polytechnic College of Science, a non-profit higher education institution accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The academic programs of National Polytechnic are focuses on commercial diving and marine technology, hyperbaric medical technology, EMT-B, Construction Management, Homeland Security,Health Information Technology, Substance Abuse Counseling, and Extended Learning , which offers shorter certificate courses such as the 50-hour Certified Hyperbaric Technologist program and Non-destructive Testing. The College was originally established in 1967 as the Commercial Diving Center at the Port of Los Angeles in Wilmington and later was renamed the College of Oceaneering in 1973 when it was purchased by Oceaneering International. In 2002, the College was purchased by National University and now is a non-profit organization and is a member of the National University System. Also in 2002, the College opened a second campus in San Diego, California. The College provides a number of services to help students attain their educational goals. In addition to the Office of Academics, several offices of the College join together to provide services for the academic, economic and personal needs of enrolled students. Student services include student advising and scheduling, records evaluation, Veteran's assistance, financial aid and other services.
The nearest community college to National Polytechnic College of Science is Los Angeles Harbor College (1.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,145 students | 1.40 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington,  CA  90744
(310) 233-4000 1.4010,145
- 1,136 students | 2.90 Mi2161 Technology Place
Long Beach,  CA  90810
(562) 624-9530 2.901,136
- 646 students | 4.60 Mi30800 Palos Verdes Drive East
Rancho Palos Verdes,  CA  90275
(310) 303-7311 4.60646
- 252 students | 5.70 Mi1600 East Hill St
Signal Hill,  CA  90755
(562) 988-2278 5.70252
- 7,611 students | 8.00 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton,  CA  90221
(310) 900-1600 8.007,611
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!