Worsham College of Mortuary Science
- Worsham College of Mortuary Science, founded in 1911, is a private institution offering an Associates Degree in twelve months. The College is dedicated to educating men and women for the funeral service profession. Students attending Worsham College come from all 50 states and many foreign countries. New students are accepted into the program in March and September. The Worsham name is a highly respected one, and the merit and quality of its training are unquestioned. The character of an educational institution is reflected in many ways a committed and dedicated faculty, a strong academic program, a diverse and dynamic student population, and the achievements of its graduates. The pride we take in the success and prominence of so many of our alumni is our best evidence of the excellence of our college. Worsham graduates are among the outstanding leaders in the field of funeral service. The Worsham family shares a deep tradition. It is a tradition known to the new student who walks the hallways for the first time and to our dedicated alumni around the world.
Worsham College of Mortuary Science places among the top 20% of community colleges in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Worsham College of Mortuary Science||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||6 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||108 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||108 students||1,386 students|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,300||$31,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||33%||67%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$7,758||$4,991|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Worsham College of Mortuary Science is Oakton Community College (6.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,589 students | 6.40 Mi1600 E Golf Rd.
Des Plaines,  IL  60016
- 14,957 students | 8.80 Mi1200 W Algonquin Rd
Palatine,  IL  60067
- 12,146 students | 14.90 Mi4300 N Narragansett
Chicago,  IL  60634
- 425 students | 15.10 Mi4829 North Lipps Avenue
Chicago,  IL  60630
- 15,410 students | 15.30 Mi19351 W Washington St.
Grayslake,  IL  60030
Take advantage of career opportunities in the field of radio broadcasting by starting your training at your local community college.
Being a single parent is difficult (and expensive) but it shouldn't stop you from furthering your education. Read on to learn how to pay for community college as a single parent.
If you're preparing to apply to college, use your summer wisely and complete a few college visits. Read on to learn how to plan and how to get the most from each visit.