Worsham College of Mortuary Science
- Worsham College of Mortuary Science, founded in 1911, is a private institution offering an Associates Degree in twelve months. The College is dedicated to educating men and women for the funeral service profession. Students attending Worsham College come from all 50 states and many foreign countries. New students are accepted into the program in March and September. The Worsham name is a highly respected one, and the merit and quality of its training are unquestioned. The character of an educational institution is reflected in many ways a committed and dedicated faculty, a strong academic program, a diverse and dynamic student population, and the achievements of its graduates. The pride we take in the success and prominence of so many of our alumni is our best evidence of the excellence of our college. Worsham graduates are among the outstanding leaders in the field of funeral service. The Worsham family shares a deep tradition. It is a tradition known to the new student who walks the hallways for the first time and to our dedicated alumni around the world.
Worsham College of Mortuary Science places among the top 20% of community colleges in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Worsham College of Mortuary Science||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||6 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||108 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||108 students||1,386 students|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,300||$31,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||33%||67%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$7,758||$4,991|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Worsham College of Mortuary Science is Oakton Community College (6.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,589 students | 6.40 Mi1600 E Golf Rd.
Des Plaines,  IL  60016
- 14,957 students | 8.80 Mi1200 W Algonquin Rd
Palatine,  IL  60067
- 12,146 students | 14.90 Mi4300 N Narragansett
Chicago,  IL  60634
- 425 students | 15.10 Mi4829 North Lipps Avenue
Chicago,  IL  60630
- 15,410 students | 15.30 Mi19351 W Washington St.
Grayslake,  IL  60030
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.