- Responsive to diverse educational needs, Triton College is committed to a supportive lifelong learning environment empowering individuals personally, professionally and culturally to contribute to a global community.
Triton College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 279 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Triton College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||279 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,577 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,404 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,173 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,200||$31,800|
- Triton College is one of the nation's premier two-year institutions of higher education. Located just 14 miles from downtown Chicago, the school offers outstanding educational value in a dynamic environment, rich in academic and cultural resources as well as career-oriented learning opportunities. Triton's attractive 100-acre campus features state-of-the art facilities, thriving arts and athletics programs, and a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. Our community is culturally diverse, with students, faculty, and staff cooperating to promote the values of integrity, open dialog, teamwork, and mutual respect, while striving for excellence in all that we do. The campus also features state-of-the art facilities, including electronic classrooms, labs, sports facilities, a well-stocked library and bookstore, an art gallery and performing arts center, and the renowned Cernan Earth and Space Center. In addition, many of Chicago's world-class cultural attractions are just minutes away. Our programs are some of the most innovative in the nation, emphasizing community involvement and personal attention while maintaining high academic standards. Over 17,000 students enroll at Triton each semester, yet our average class size is only 20.4 students. Our faculty is highly qualified, combining distinguished academic credentials with valuable real-world experience. At just $56 per credit hour, plus the money you save by commuting from home, Triton is a truly exceptional value. Triton College is committed to developing leaders and generating ideas that change the world. Students, faculty, and staff cooperate to create a positive learning environment where integrity, open dialog, teamwork, and mutual respect are the rule. We strive to promote critical thinking skills, and to instill a standard of excellence that translates directly into our students' practice and performance. Our personal focus and affordable tuition makes us an outstanding educational value, exceeding most students' expectations.
- The nearest community college to Triton College is Lincoln College of Technology-Melrose Park (0.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 717 students | 0.80 Mi8317 W North Avenue
Melrose Park,  IL  60160
- 12,146 students | 4.10 Mi4300 N Narragansett
Chicago,  IL  60634
- 425 students | 5.60 Mi4829 North Lipps Avenue
Chicago,  IL  60630
- 4,653 students | 7.60 Mi3801 S Central Ave
Cicero,  IL  60804
- 6,245 students | 9.10 Mi1900 W Van Buren
Chicago,  IL  60612