College of Lake County
- The College of Lake County is a comprehensive community college offering a wide range of academic program choices to meet students' educational needs at different points in their lives.
- The teacher population of 437 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|College of Lake County||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||437 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||15,410 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,303 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||11,107 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,200||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our major program areas include credit programs to prepare students for transfer or career entry, GED and adult basic education, non-credit offerings for personal or career development, and contract training and specialized services for businesses. Regardless of their focus, our programs emphasize academic excellence and concern with the individual student's goals. Each semester we serve nearly 16,000 credit students, with more than 80 percent enrolled in transfer or career preparation programs. By far the largest College of Lake County site, the Grayslake Campus consists of 226.1 acres. About one-third of the campus is currently devoted to buildings and parking areas, and another 20 percent is allocated for future building. Natural beauty is a distinct feature of the campus, and about one-third of the acreage will be permanently preserved as natural areas. From its central Lake County location on the Grayslake Campus, the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts offers many programs that offer audiences Downtown-caliber entertainment and cultural experiences.
- The nearest community college to College of Lake County is Worsham College of Mortuary Science (15.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 108 students | 15.30 Mi495 Northgate Pkwy
Wheeling,  IL  60090
- n/a students | 18.50 Mi4006 Washington Road
Kenosha,  WI  53144
- 7,410 students | 19.00 Mi3520 30th Ave
Kenosha,  WI  53144
- 7,165 students | 19.60 Mi8900 US Hwy 14
Crystal Lake,  IL  60012
- 14,957 students | 19.60 Mi1200 W Algonquin Rd
Palatine,  IL  60067
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.