College of Lake County
- The College of Lake County is a comprehensive community college offering a wide range of academic program choices to meet students' educational needs at different points in their lives.
- Enrollment: 11,854 students
- In-state tuition: $7,770
- Out-state tuition: $10,262
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 54%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Our major program areas include credit programs to prepare students for transfer or career entry, GED and adult basic education, non-credit offerings for personal or career development, and contract training and specialized services for businesses. Regardless of their focus, our programs emphasize academic excellence and concern with the individual student's goals. Each semester we serve nearly 16,000 credit students, with more than 80 percent enrolled in transfer or career preparation programs. By far the largest College of Lake County site, the Grayslake Campus consists of 226.1 acres. About one-third of the campus is currently devoted to buildings and parking areas, and another 20 percent is allocated for future building. Natural beauty is a distinct feature of the campus, and about one-third of the acreage will be permanently preserved as natural areas. From its central Lake County location on the Grayslake Campus, the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts offers many programs that offer audiences Downtown-caliber entertainment and cultural experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does College of Lake County cost?
College of Lake County's tuition is approximately $7,770 for In-State students and $10,262 for Out-State students.