William Rainey Harper College
- Harper College (also William Rainey Harper College) is a two-year community college in Palatine, Illinois. The college was established by referendum in 1965, and in 1971 Harper's construction was finished, the first community college to be completed in Illinois. It is named for William Rainey Harper, a pioneer in the junior college movement in the United States and the first president of the University of Chicago.
William Rainey Harper College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
|William Rainey Harper College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||402 staff||124 staff|
- Harper College (also William Rainey Harper College) is a two-year community college in Palatine, Illinois. The college was established by referendum in 1965, and in 1971 Harper's construction was finished, the first community college to be completed in Illinois. It is named for William Rainey Harper, a pioneer in the junior college movement in the United States and the first president of the University of Chicago. We offer a full range of credit and non-credit courses, career training opportunities and continuing education options for professional development and personal enrichment as well as academic transfer programs. Our faculty is among the best. And because, like William Rainey Harper himself, we believe that higher education should be accessible to all, we offer a flexible schedule of daytime, nighttime and weekend classes at our main campus and at several other sites conveniently located throughout our service area. Avanté, Center for Science, Health Careers and Emerging Technologies is a state-of-the-art learning center for Harper College's nationally acclaimed programs in health, science and computer technology. The Center occupies 292,926 square feet of space, or six and one half acres. Avanté houses 10 major academic programs including nursing, dental hygiene, medical imaging, cardiac care, electronics, computer science, biology and chemistry. The name Avanté implies “advancement” or “moving forward,” while the Center itself creates an inspiring environment to advance teaching and learning in the sciences, technology and health care for current and future generations. It contains 400 rooms.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 95 students | 8.70 Mi495 Northgate Pkwy
Wheeling,  IL  60090
(847) 808-8444 8.7095
- 8,454 students | 9.90 Mi1600 E Golf Rd.
Des Plaines,  IL  60016
(847) 635-1600 9.908,454
- 9,567 students | 13.60 Mi1700 Spartan Drive
Elgin,  IL  60123
(847) 697-1000 13.609,567
- 10,529 students | 16.40 Mi2000 5th Ave
River Grove,  IL  60171
(708) 456-0300 16.4010,529
- 24,900 students | 16.50 Mi425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn,  IL  60137
(630) 942-2800 16.5024,900