Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
Tel: (229) 333-2100
- Valdosta Technical College was founded in 1963 as a joint effort of the Valdosta City and Lowndes County Boards of Education. The mission of Valdosta Technical College is to provide quality instruction enabling students to develop knowledge, skills, and good work ethics resulting in entry-level employment, career advancement, and the promotion of lifelong learning.
The teacher population of 169 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wiregrass Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|Total Faculty||169 staff||94 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Wiregrass Georgia Technical College is Georgia Military College-Valdosta Campus (5.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,328 students | 5.70 Mi4201 North Forrest Street
Valdosta, GA 31605
- 1,243 students | 29.30 Mi325 NW Turner Davis Dr
Madison, FL 32340
(850) 973-2288 29.301,243
- 2,071 students | 32.50 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie, GA 31788
(229) 891-7000 32.502,071
- 4,637 students | 35.00 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville, GA 31792
(229) 225-4096 35.004,637
- 4,291 students | 43.40 Mi2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton, GA 31793
(229) 391-5001 43.404,291
Many fears have now been realized, as California lawmakers slash hundreds of millions of dollars from higher education budgets. We’ll look at how these dramatic cuts will impact community colleges across the state.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.