Moultrie Technical College
- Moultrie Technical College (MTC) is a multiple campus institution of higher learning whose mission as part of the Technical College System of Georgia is to provide a culture of learning through occupational education, academic education, distance education, business and industry training, and workforce development supporting the education and economic advancement of Colquitt, Tift, Turner, and Worth counties. The college fulfills its mission by providing accessible, quality education leading to associate degrees, diplomas, technical certificates of credit, and programs to assist adults in literacy education. At MTC, the focus is on your success in today?s ever-changing, state-of-the market economy. Our faculty and staff believe in providing the highest quality services and instruction to ensure an exciting learning experience. Our instructors are qualified and dedicated to the responsive changes needed by business and industry, students and the community. We are proud to train citizens for the skilled careers of today?s workforce. Education is about creating new possibilities for career and personal growth. As the economy becomes increasingly globalized and competitive, the facilities and curriculum at MTC will provide the education and training that are required to compete in the global market.
- The teacher population of 113 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Moultrie Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||113 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,071 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||763 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,308 students||1,473 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,200||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Moultrie Technical College is Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (24.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,458 students | 24.30 Mi2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton,  GA  31793
- 1,541 students | 25.50 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville,  GA  31792
- 3,629 students | 32.40 Mi4089 Val Tech Rd
Valdosta,  GA  31602
- 3,640 students | 34.40 Mi1704 South Slappey Boulevard
Albany,  GA  31701
- n/a students | 36.20 Mi4201 North Forrest Street
Valdosta,  GA  31605
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.