Moultrie Technical College
- Moultrie Technical College (MTC) is a multiple campus institution of higher learning whose mission as part of the Technical College System of Georgia is to provide a culture of learning through occupational education, academic education, distance education, business and industry training, and workforce development supporting the education and economic advancement of Colquitt, Tift, Turner, and Worth counties. The college fulfills its mission by providing accessible, quality education leading to associate degrees, diplomas, technical certificates of credit, and programs to assist adults in literacy education. At MTC, the focus is on your success in today?s ever-changing, state-of-the market economy. Our faculty and staff believe in providing the highest quality services and instruction to ensure an exciting learning experience. Our instructors are qualified and dedicated to the responsive changes needed by business and industry, students and the community. We are proud to train citizens for the skilled careers of today?s workforce. Education is about creating new possibilities for career and personal growth. As the economy becomes increasingly globalized and competitive, the facilities and curriculum at MTC will provide the education and training that are required to compete in the global market.
- The teacher population of 113 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Moultrie Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||113 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,071 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||763 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,308 students||1,473 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,200||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Moultrie Technical College is Southwest Georgia Technical College (25.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,541 students | 25.80 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville,  GA  31792
- 3,458 students | 25.90 Mi2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton,  GA  31793
- 3,629 students | 32.50 Mi4089 Val Tech Rd
Valdosta,  GA  31602
- 3,640 students | 34.00 Mi1704 South Slappey Boulevard
Albany,  GA  31701
- 5,623 students | 36.80 Mi2400 Gillionville Rd
Albany,  GA  31707
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.