Moultrie Technical College
- Moultrie Technical College (MTC) is a multiple campus institution of higher learning whose mission as part of the Technical College System of Georgia is to provide a culture of learning through occupational education, academic education, distance education, business and industry training, and workforce development supporting the education and economic advancement of Colquitt, Tift, Turner, and Worth counties. The college fulfills its mission by providing accessible, quality education leading to associate degrees, diplomas, technical certificates of credit, and programs to assist adults in literacy education. At MTC, the focus is on your success in today?s ever-changing, state-of-the market economy. Our faculty and staff believe in providing the highest quality services and instruction to ensure an exciting learning experience. Our instructors are qualified and dedicated to the responsive changes needed by business and industry, students and the community. We are proud to train citizens for the skilled careers of today?s workforce. Education is about creating new possibilities for career and personal growth. As the economy becomes increasingly globalized and competitive, the facilities and curriculum at MTC will provide the education and training that are required to compete in the global market.
- The teacher population of 113 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Moultrie Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||113 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,071 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||763 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,308 students||1,473 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,200||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Moultrie Technical College is Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (24.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,458 students | 24.30 Mi2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton,  GA  31793
- 1,541 students | 25.50 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville,  GA  31792
- 3,629 students | 32.40 Mi4089 Val Tech Rd
Valdosta,  GA  31602
- 3,640 students | 34.40 Mi1704 South Slappey Boulevard
Albany,  GA  31701
- n/a students | 36.20 Mi4201 North Forrest Street
Valdosta,  GA  31605
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.