Moultrie Technical College
- Moultrie Technical College (MTC) is a multiple campus institution of higher learning whose mission as part of the Technical College System of Georgia is to provide a culture of learning through occupational education, academic education, distance education, business and industry training, and workforce development supporting the education and economic advancement of Colquitt, Tift, Turner, and Worth counties. The college fulfills its mission by providing accessible, quality education leading to associate degrees, diplomas, technical certificates of credit, and programs to assist adults in literacy education. At MTC, the focus is on your success in today?s ever-changing, state-of-the market economy. Our faculty and staff believe in providing the highest quality services and instruction to ensure an exciting learning experience. Our instructors are qualified and dedicated to the responsive changes needed by business and industry, students and the community. We are proud to train citizens for the skilled careers of today?s workforce. Education is about creating new possibilities for career and personal growth. As the economy becomes increasingly globalized and competitive, the facilities and curriculum at MTC will provide the education and training that are required to compete in the global market.
- The teacher population of 113 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Moultrie Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||113 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,071 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||763 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,308 students||1,473 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,200||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Moultrie Technical College is Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (24.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,458 students | 24.30 Mi2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton,  GA  31793
- 1,541 students | 25.50 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville,  GA  31792
- 3,629 students | 32.40 Mi4089 Val Tech Rd
Valdosta,  GA  31602
- 3,640 students | 34.40 Mi1704 South Slappey Boulevard
Albany,  GA  31701
- n/a students | 36.20 Mi4201 North Forrest Street
Valdosta,  GA  31605
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.