Georgia Military College-Valdosta Campus
- Georgia Military College was established in 1879 by act of the Georgia General Assembly "-to educate young men and women from the Middle Georgia area in an environment which fosters the qualities of good citizenship." Georgia Military College is a public-independent educational institution, comprised of a junior college and a separate preparatory school (grades 6-12), whose mission and purpose is to produce educated citizens by providing junior college students with a liberal arts based two-year undergraduate curriculum, by providing selected college students with ROTC training, and by providing preparatory school students an inclusive college preparatory curriculum that includes a military training component--all in an environment conducive to the holistic development of the intellect and character of its students.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has grown by 12% over five years.
|Georgia Military College-Valdosta Campus||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,000||$30,600|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,187||$9,187|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,500||$3,667|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Georgia Military College-Valdosta Campus is Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (5.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,629 students | 5.70 Mi4089 Val Tech Rd
Valdosta,  GA  31602
- 1,243 students | 30.60 Mi325 NW Turner Davis Dr
Madison,  FL  32340
- 2,071 students | 36.90 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie,  GA  31788
- 1,541 students | 40.60 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville,  GA  31792
- 3,458 students | 44.90 Mi2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton,  GA  31793
Learn about the growing trend amongst four-year universities to recruit from community college campuses. Enjoy an academic head start and a competitive edge against other applicants by starting first at community college.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.