Georgia Military College-Valdosta Campus
- Georgia Military College was established in 1879 by act of the Georgia General Assembly "-to educate young men and women from the Middle Georgia area in an environment which fosters the qualities of good citizenship." Georgia Military College is a public-independent educational institution, comprised of a junior college and a separate preparatory school (grades 6-12), whose mission and purpose is to produce educated citizens by providing junior college students with a liberal arts based two-year undergraduate curriculum, by providing selected college students with ROTC training, and by providing preparatory school students an inclusive college preparatory curriculum that includes a military training component--all in an environment conducive to the holistic development of the intellect and character of its students.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has grown by 12% over five years.
|Georgia Military College-Valdosta Campus||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,000||$30,600|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,187||$9,187|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,500||$3,667|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Georgia Military College-Valdosta Campus is Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (5.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,629 students | 5.20 Mi4089 Val Tech Rd
Valdosta,  GA  31602
- 1,243 students | 30.40 Mi325 NW Turner Davis Dr
Madison,  FL  32340
- 2,071 students | 36.20 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie,  GA  31788
- 1,541 students | 40.70 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville,  GA  31792
- 3,458 students | 43.30 Mi2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton,  GA  31793
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.