Georgia Military College-Valdosta Campus
- Georgia Military College was established in 1879 by act of the Georgia General Assembly "-to educate young men and women from the Middle Georgia area in an environment which fosters the qualities of good citizenship." Georgia Military College is a public-independent educational institution, comprised of a junior college and a separate preparatory school (grades 6-12), whose mission and purpose is to produce educated citizens by providing junior college students with a liberal arts based two-year undergraduate curriculum, by providing selected college students with ROTC training, and by providing preparatory school students an inclusive college preparatory curriculum that includes a military training component--all in an environment conducive to the holistic development of the intellect and character of its students.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has grown by 12% over five years.
|Georgia Military College-Valdosta Campus||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,000||$30,600|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,187||$9,187|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,500||$3,667|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Georgia Military College-Valdosta Campus is Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (5.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,629 students | 5.70 Mi4089 Val Tech Rd
Valdosta,  GA  31602
(229) 333-2100 5.703,629
- 1,243 students | 30.60 Mi325 NW Turner Davis Dr
Madison,  FL  32340
(850) 973-2288 30.601,243
- 2,071 students | 36.90 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie,  GA  31788
(229) 891-7000 36.902,071
- 1,541 students | 40.60 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville,  GA  31792
(229) 225-4096 40.601,541
- 3,458 students | 44.90 Mi2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton,  GA  31793
(229) 391-5001 44.903,458
To accommodate students' schedules, along with growing enrollment rates, community colleges are offering classes in the late evening. Learn more about why you may be taking midnight classes at a campus near you.
An interesting case arose this week over a community college student in North Carolina that posted a rant about a new campus policy on his Facebook page. The student was suspended for two semesters, but quickly reinstated amid a flurry of protests over his free speech rights.
We examine the advantages and disadvantages of using online classes to earn your two-year degree.