Wilkes Community College
Tel: (336) 838-6100
- As a public, two-year, "open door" institution, Wilkes Community College is committed to providing comprehensive education and educational support services for people in Wilkes, Ashe, and Alleghany counties and beyond. As a member of the North Carolina Community College System, the college seeks to enhance intellectual, economic, cultural, and social development through a variety of means, by providing quality education, training and retraining for the workforce, including basic skills education, occupational, technical, and pre-baccalaureate programs; support for economic development through services to business and industry, both public and private; and a variety of services and cultural activities that improve the quality of life.
The teacher population of 179 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wilkes Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||179 staff||141 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Wilkes Community College is Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute (25.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,581 students | 25.70 Mi2855 Hickory Boulevard
Hudson,  NC  28638
(828) 726-2200 25.703,581
- 3,164 students | 29.30 Mi500 W Broad Street
Statesville,  NC  28677
(704) 878-3200 29.303,164
- 4,610 students | 30.70 Mi2550 Hwy 70 SE
Hickory,  NC  28602
(828) 327-7000 30.704,610
- 3,073 students | 31.30 Mi630 S. Main St.
Dobson,  NC  27017
(336) 386-8121 31.303,073
- 1,779 students | 40.30 Mi1001 Burkemont Ave
Morganton,  NC  28655
(828) 438-3500 40.301,779
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.