Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute
Tel: (828) 726-2200
- The mission of Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute is to provide accessible, quality instruction; support economic development through comprehensive resources to business, industry, and agencies and offer diverse services and opportunities which improve the quality of life.
The teacher population of 169 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||169 staff||141 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute is a public, comprehensive post-secondary institution whose primary service area is Caldwell and Watauga counties. Operating under the legal framework of the State of North Carolina and in partnership with the North Carolina Community College System, CCC and TI is an open door institution which values the diversity of its constituencies and offers equal opportunities. In 1964, the college first opened its doors as Caldwell Technical Institute with the employment of Dr. H. Edwin Beam as its first president. Health occupations courses were offered in 1965 with the college's first facilities occupied in 1967. Three years later, the institution's name was changed to Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute as the college transfer program was implemented. Appointed president in 1984, Dr. Eric B. McKeithan was instrumental in further growth of the college as the Watauga Campus opened in 1987. The Job Training Center and Broyhill Civic Center were added to the Caldwell Campus a few years later. Today CCC&TI offers over 100 curriculum programs and a variety of continuing education options. Celebrating more than 40 years of service, the college continues to make strides as the educational leader of the community. The faculty and staff of Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute are committed to providing an environment conducive to student success through institutional integrity, ethical practices, and an expectation of excellence. The institution provides leadership during social, economic, and cultural transitions through teaching, promoting lifelong learning, improving the quality of life, and fostering academic and civic enrichment. We are dedicated to educating a workforce prepared for a rapidly changing global economy. Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. Diploma, Associate in Applied Science, Associate in Arts, Associate in Fine Arts and Associate in Science programs have been approved by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges and the State Board of Community Colleges.
The nearest community college to Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute is Western Piedmont Community College (14.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,779 students | 14.80 Mi1001 Burkemont Ave
Morganton,  NC  28655
(828) 438-3500 14.801,779
- 4,610 students | 15.30 Mi2550 Hwy 70 SE
Hickory,  NC  28602
(828) 327-7000 15.304,610
- 2,601 students | 25.70 Mi1328 South Collegiate Dr
Wilkesboro,  NC  28697
(336) 838-6100 25.702,601
- 1,105 students | 30.10 Mi54 College Drive
Marion,  NC  28752
(828) 652-6021 30.101,105
- 1,082 students | 30.40 Mi200 Mayland Drive
Spruce Pine,  NC  28777
(828) 766-1273 30.401,082
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.