Mitchell Community College
- Mitchell Community College, a learning-centered institution, provides affordable, high-quality educational and training programs and services to meet the changing and diverse lifelong learning needs of a multi-culturally diverse citizenry who live and work in a global society.
- The teacher population of 180 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mitchell Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||180 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,106 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,312 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,794 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,500||$27,500|
- Mitchell Community College is a comprehensive, open-admissions community college dedicated to meeting the post-secondary education and training needs of the citizens of Iredell County and surrounding areas. The college provides an array of high quality programs at low cost in an historically rich environment. Mitchell is a student-centered institution where all persons are encouraged to develop their abilities in a community that respects diversity and is supportive of individual achievement. Concerned with the social, civic, cultural, and economic development of the community as a whole, instructional programs are focused on meeting the educational and training needs of all persons over eighteen years of age and persons sixteen years of age and older with special needs. Mitchell Community College has a long and distinguished history as an educational institution. Established in 1852, it began as a Presbyterian female college. Today, it has evolved into a modern comprehensive community college.The college has also been fortunate to have a strong relationship with the community of Statesville. Mitchell Community College commits its resources to provide associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs to meet the pre-service and in-service work force development needs for industry, business, government, and service occupations; to provide associate degree programs for the first two years of academic courses leading to baccalaureate and professional degrees and to provide each student the opportunity to develop the skills and values necessary to succeed in college. The college also offer pre-college programs in adult basic education and literacy, as well as both short- and long-term occupational training in a large number of job-related fields through our Continuing Education Division. Mitchell Community College is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate in arts, associate in science, associate in fine arts and associate in applied science degrees.
- The nearest community college to Mitchell Community College is Catawba Valley Community College (22.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,742 students | 22.80 Mi2550 Hwy 70 SE
Hickory,  NC  28602
- 7,062 students | 25.20 Mi1333 Jake Alexander Blvd
Salisbury,  NC  28146
- 448 students | 28.90 Mi401 Medical Park Drive
Concord,  NC  28025
- 2,718 students | 29.30 Mi1328 South Collegiate Dr
Wilkesboro,  NC  28697
- 3,876 students | 33.40 Mi2855 Hickory Blvd.
Hudson,  NC  28638