Surry Community College
The teacher population of 202 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Surry Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||202 staff||144 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Surry Community College is a public, community-centered, comprehensive community college with an open-door admissions policy. It is a member institution of the North Carolina Community College System with a primary service area of Surry and Yadkin counties. The College offers educational programs which lead to associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. It also offers a variety of learning opportunities and services through continuing education offerings. The college offers programs and services at Dobson campus, Yadkin Center campus, and at other locations throughout Surry and Yadkin Counties. Surry Community College curriculum programs lead to the following academic degrees: Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.), Associate in Science Degree (A.S.), Associate in Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.) and Associate in General Education Degree (A.G.E.). Students who complete the A.A. or A.S. degree, including the general education core and appropriate electives, are assured that their credits will transfer to the University of North Carolina System schools. Diploma programs are designed to prepare students for initial employment in skilled occupations, to retrain skilled workers for new occupations, and to provide skill upgrading for one's advancement in current occupations. Most of these diploma programs require one year of participation on a full-time basis to complete, although courses can be taken on a part-time basis.
The nearest community college to Surry Community College is Wilkes Community College (31.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,601 students | 31.30 Mi1328 South Collegiate Dr
Wilkesboro, NC 28697
(336) 838-6100 31.302,601
- 7,779 students | 33.00 Mi2100 Silas Creek Pky
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
(336) 723-0371 33.007,779
- 3,164 students | 42.70 Mi500 W Broad Street
Statesville, NC 28677
(704) 878-3200 42.703,164
- 2,514 students | 44.30 Mi1000 E Main Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
(276) 223-4700 44.302,514
- 3,654 students | 49.10 Mi297 DCCC Road
Thomasville, NC 27360
(336) 249-8186 49.103,654
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.