Surry Community College
- The teacher population of 202 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Surry Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||202 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,294 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,413 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,881 students||1,361 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,800||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Surry Community College is a public, community-centered, comprehensive community college with an open-door admissions policy. It is a member institution of the North Carolina Community College System with a primary service area of Surry and Yadkin counties. The College offers educational programs which lead to associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. It also offers a variety of learning opportunities and services through continuing education offerings. The college offers programs and services at Dobson campus, Yadkin Center campus, and at other locations throughout Surry and Yadkin Counties. Surry Community College curriculum programs lead to the following academic degrees: Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.), Associate in Science Degree (A.S.), Associate in Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.) and Associate in General Education Degree (A.G.E.). Students who complete the A.A. or A.S. degree, including the general education core and appropriate electives, are assured that their credits will transfer to the University of North Carolina System schools. Diploma programs are designed to prepare students for initial employment in skilled occupations, to retrain skilled workers for new occupations, and to provide skill upgrading for one's advancement in current occupations. Most of these diploma programs require one year of participation on a full-time basis to complete, although courses can be taken on a part-time basis.
- The nearest community college to Surry Community College is Wilkes Community College (31.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,718 students | 31.00 Mi1328 South Collegiate Dr
Wilkesboro,  NC  28697
- 9,148 students | 33.10 Mi2100 Silas Creek Pky
Winston Salem,  NC  27103
- 3,106 students | 42.70 Mi500 W Broad Street
Statesville,  NC  28677
- 3,302 students | 43.80 Mi1000 E Main Street
Wytheville,  VA  24382
- 4,102 students | 46.70 Mi297 Davidson Community College Rd
Thomasville,  NC  27360
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.