Surry Community College
The teacher population of 202 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Surry Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||202 staff||144 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Surry Community College is a public, community-centered, comprehensive community college with an open-door admissions policy. It is a member institution of the North Carolina Community College System with a primary service area of Surry and Yadkin counties. The College offers educational programs which lead to associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. It also offers a variety of learning opportunities and services through continuing education offerings. The college offers programs and services at Dobson campus, Yadkin Center campus, and at other locations throughout Surry and Yadkin Counties. Surry Community College curriculum programs lead to the following academic degrees: Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.), Associate in Science Degree (A.S.), Associate in Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.) and Associate in General Education Degree (A.G.E.). Students who complete the A.A. or A.S. degree, including the general education core and appropriate electives, are assured that their credits will transfer to the University of North Carolina System schools. Diploma programs are designed to prepare students for initial employment in skilled occupations, to retrain skilled workers for new occupations, and to provide skill upgrading for one's advancement in current occupations. Most of these diploma programs require one year of participation on a full-time basis to complete, although courses can be taken on a part-time basis.
The nearest community college to Surry Community College is Wilkes Community College (31.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,601 students | 31.30 Mi1328 South Collegiate Dr
Wilkesboro, NC 28697
(336) 838-6100 31.302,601
- 7,779 students | 33.00 Mi2100 Silas Creek Pky
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
(336) 723-0371 33.007,779
- 3,164 students | 42.70 Mi500 W Broad Street
Statesville, NC 28677
(704) 878-3200 42.703,164
- 2,514 students | 44.30 Mi1000 E Main Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
(276) 223-4700 44.302,514
- 3,654 students | 49.10 Mi297 DCCC Road
Thomasville, NC 27360
(336) 249-8186 49.103,654
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?