Surry Community College
- The teacher population of 202 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Surry Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||202 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,294 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,413 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,881 students||1,361 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,800||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Surry Community College is a public, community-centered, comprehensive community college with an open-door admissions policy. It is a member institution of the North Carolina Community College System with a primary service area of Surry and Yadkin counties. The College offers educational programs which lead to associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. It also offers a variety of learning opportunities and services through continuing education offerings. The college offers programs and services at Dobson campus, Yadkin Center campus, and at other locations throughout Surry and Yadkin Counties. Surry Community College curriculum programs lead to the following academic degrees: Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.), Associate in Science Degree (A.S.), Associate in Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.) and Associate in General Education Degree (A.G.E.). Students who complete the A.A. or A.S. degree, including the general education core and appropriate electives, are assured that their credits will transfer to the University of North Carolina System schools. Diploma programs are designed to prepare students for initial employment in skilled occupations, to retrain skilled workers for new occupations, and to provide skill upgrading for one's advancement in current occupations. Most of these diploma programs require one year of participation on a full-time basis to complete, although courses can be taken on a part-time basis.
- The nearest community college to Surry Community College is Wilkes Community College (31.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,718 students | 31.30 Mi1328 South Collegiate Dr
Wilkesboro,  NC  28697
(336) 838-6100 31.302,718
- 9,148 students | 33.00 Mi2100 Silas Creek Pky
Winston Salem,  NC  27103
(336) 723-0371 33.009,148
- 3,106 students | 42.70 Mi500 W Broad Street
Statesville,  NC  28677
(704) 878-3200 42.703,106
- 3,302 students | 44.30 Mi1000 E Main Street
Wytheville,  VA  24382
(276) 223-4700 44.303,302
- 4,102 students | 49.10 Mi297 Davidson Community College Rd
Thomasville,  NC  27360
(336) 249-8186 49.104,102
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.