Surry Community College
- The teacher population of 202 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Surry Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||202 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,294 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,413 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,881 students||1,361 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,800||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Surry Community College is a public, community-centered, comprehensive community college with an open-door admissions policy. It is a member institution of the North Carolina Community College System with a primary service area of Surry and Yadkin counties. The College offers educational programs which lead to associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. It also offers a variety of learning opportunities and services through continuing education offerings. The college offers programs and services at Dobson campus, Yadkin Center campus, and at other locations throughout Surry and Yadkin Counties. Surry Community College curriculum programs lead to the following academic degrees: Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.), Associate in Science Degree (A.S.), Associate in Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.) and Associate in General Education Degree (A.G.E.). Students who complete the A.A. or A.S. degree, including the general education core and appropriate electives, are assured that their credits will transfer to the University of North Carolina System schools. Diploma programs are designed to prepare students for initial employment in skilled occupations, to retrain skilled workers for new occupations, and to provide skill upgrading for one's advancement in current occupations. Most of these diploma programs require one year of participation on a full-time basis to complete, although courses can be taken on a part-time basis.
- The nearest community college to Surry Community College is Wilkes Community College (31.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,718 students | 31.00 Mi1328 South Collegiate Dr
Wilkesboro,  NC  28697
- 9,148 students | 33.10 Mi2100 Silas Creek Pky
Winston Salem,  NC  27103
- 3,106 students | 42.70 Mi500 W Broad Street
Statesville,  NC  28677
- 3,302 students | 43.80 Mi1000 E Main Street
Wytheville,  VA  24382
- 4,102 students | 46.70 Mi297 Davidson Community College Rd
Thomasville,  NC  27360
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.