West Virginia Junior College-Charleston
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has grown by 12% over five years.
|West Virginia Junior College-Charleston||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||9 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||129 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||129 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||625 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$20,900||$23,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The overall goal of the West Virginia Junior College is to provide specialized programs in career fields that assist our graduates in developing the tools, attitudes, and communication skills that will enhance employment opportunities. The college offers programs in Information Technology, Medical Assiting, Business Administration, Medical Office Administration and Dental Assisting. For more than 100 years, West Virginia Junior College has been building relationships with area employers to assist students in finding fulfilling careers. West Virginia Junior College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools. and is licensed to offer diplomas and associate degrees in the State of West Virginia.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 259 students | 5.70 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston,  WV  25306
- 1,573 students | 7.50 Mi2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston,  WV  25303
- 63 students | 9.80 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
- 1,162 students | 20.30 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
- 1,859 students | 40.10 MiDempsey Branch Road
Mount Gay,  WV  25637
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!