West Virginia Junior College-Charleston
The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Virginia Junior College-Charleston||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||9 staff||49 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The overall goal of the West Virginia Junior College is to provide specialized programs in career fields that assist our graduates in developing the tools, attitudes, and communication skills that will enhance employment opportunities. The college offers programs in Information Technology, Medical Assiting, Business Administration, Medical Office Administration and Dental Assisting. For more than 100 years, West Virginia Junior College has been building relationships with area employers to assist students in finding fulfilling careers. West Virginia Junior College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools. and is licensed to offer diplomas and associate degrees in the State of West Virginia.
The nearest community college to West Virginia Junior College-Charleston is Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College (3.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,573 students | 3.50 Mi2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston,  WV  25303
(304) 205-6600 3.501,573
- 259 students | 5.60 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston,  WV  25306
(304) 348-1965 5.60259
- 63 students | 9.90 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
(304) 776-6290 9.9063
- 1,162 students | 20.30 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
(304) 734-6601 20.301,162
- 1,859 students | 39.90 MiDempsey Branch Road
Mount Gay,  WV  25637
(304) 896-7098 39.901,859
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!