Carver Career Center
- Carver Career and Technical Education Center is a large, modern, well-equipped facility accessible to the handicapped. Carver is a career school designed to provide technical training and placement for high school students and adults in a variety of occupational areas. The mission of Carver Career Center is to provide associate degree, certificate and short term education programs designed to prepare secondary students from Kanawha County and adult students from Kanawha County and surrounding counties for employment, career advancement, and/or continued education and to assist employers in meeting their employment and training needs. Every full time program has seven components: basic academic skills, computer literacy, occupational knowledge, occupational performance skills, safety, work place skills and leadership skills. Whether you are a high school student preparing for post-secondary education or work; an unemployed or underemployed adult looking for a career or advancement in a career; or a business looking for upgrade training for your current employees or to hire new employees; we want to help.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Carver Career Center||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||49 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||20||7|
|Total Enrollment||259 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||237 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||22 students||625 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,600||$25,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||68%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Carver Career Center is West Virginia Junior College-Charleston (5.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 129 students | 5.70 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston,  WV  25301
- 1,573 students | 12.90 Mi2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston,  WV  25303
- 1,162 students | 14.70 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
- 63 students | 15.40 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
- 1,859 students | 39.20 MiDempsey Branch Road
Mount Gay,  WV  25637
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.