Carver Career Center
- Carver Career and Technical Education Center is a large, modern, well-equipped facility accessible to the handicapped. Carver is a career school designed to provide technical training and placement for high school students and adults in a variety of occupational areas. The mission of Carver Career Center is to provide associate degree, certificate and short term education programs designed to prepare secondary students from Kanawha County and adult students from Kanawha County and surrounding counties for employment, career advancement, and/or continued education and to assist employers in meeting their employment and training needs. Every full time program has seven components: basic academic skills, computer literacy, occupational knowledge, occupational performance skills, safety, work place skills and leadership skills. Whether you are a high school student preparing for post-secondary education or work; an unemployed or underemployed adult looking for a career or advancement in a career; or a business looking for upgrade training for your current employees or to hire new employees; we want to help.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 54% over five years.
|Carver Career Center||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||49 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||20||7|
|Total Enrollment||259 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||237 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||22 students||625 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,600||$23,900|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||68%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 129 students | 5.70 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston,  WV  25301
- 1,573 students | 12.90 Mi2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston,  WV  25303
- 1,162 students | 14.70 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
- 63 students | 15.40 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
- 2,551 students | 39.00 Mi280 University Drive
Beaver,  WV  25813
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.