Carver Career Center
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (304) 348-1965
- Carver Career and Technical Education Center is a large, modern, well-equipped facility accessible to the handicapped. Carver is a career school designed to provide technical training and placement for high school students and adults in a variety of occupational areas. The mission of Carver Career Center is to provide associate degree, certificate and short term education programs designed to prepare secondary students from Kanawha County and adult students from Kanawha County and surrounding counties for employment, career advancement, and/or continued education and to assist employers in meeting their employment and training needs. Every full time program has seven components: basic academic skills, computer literacy, occupational knowledge, occupational performance skills, safety, work place skills and leadership skills. Whether you are a high school student preparing for post-secondary education or work; an unemployed or underemployed adult looking for a career or advancement in a career; or a business looking for upgrade training for your current employees or to hire new employees; we want to help.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Carver Career Center||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||49 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||21||11|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||81%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Carver Career Center is West Virginia Junior College-Charleston (5.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 126 students | 5.60 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston, WV 25301
(304) 345-2820 5.60126
- 1,689 students | 8.60 Mi2001 Union Carbide Dr
South Charleston, WV 25136
(304) 734-6600 8.601,689
- 1,573 students | 8.60 Mi2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston, WV 25303
(304) 205-6600 8.601,573
- 1,162 students | 14.80 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery, WV 25136
(304) 734-6601 14.801,162
- 1,458 students | 39.00 MiDempsey Branch Road
Mount Gay, WV 25637
(304) 896-7098 39.001,458
Are you paying too much for community college textbooks? Learn about how you can save money on your textbooks, ranging from tips on how to find the best used deals to even renting your textbooks.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.