Carver Career Center
- Carver Career and Technical Education Center is a large, modern, well-equipped facility accessible to the handicapped. Carver is a career school designed to provide technical training and placement for high school students and adults in a variety of occupational areas. The mission of Carver Career Center is to provide associate degree, certificate and short term education programs designed to prepare secondary students from Kanawha County and adult students from Kanawha County and surrounding counties for employment, career advancement, and/or continued education and to assist employers in meeting their employment and training needs. Every full time program has seven components: basic academic skills, computer literacy, occupational knowledge, occupational performance skills, safety, work place skills and leadership skills. Whether you are a high school student preparing for post-secondary education or work; an unemployed or underemployed adult looking for a career or advancement in a career; or a business looking for upgrade training for your current employees or to hire new employees; we want to help.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 54% over five years.
|Carver Career Center||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||49 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||20||8|
|Total Enrollment||259 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||237 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||22 students||625 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,600||$23,900|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||68%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||$12,318|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||$5,021|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 129 students | 5.70 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston,  WV  25301
- 1,573 students | 12.90 Mi2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston,  WV  25303
- 1,162 students | 14.70 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
- 63 students | 15.40 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
- 2,551 students | 39.00 Mi280 University Drive
Beaver,  WV  25813
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!