Carver Career Center
Tel: (304) 348-1965
- Carver Career and Technical Education Center is a large, modern, well-equipped facility accessible to the handicapped. Carver is a career school designed to provide technical training and placement for high school students and adults in a variety of occupational areas. The mission of Carver Career Center is to provide associate degree, certificate and short term education programs designed to prepare secondary students from Kanawha County and adult students from Kanawha County and surrounding counties for employment, career advancement, and/or continued education and to assist employers in meeting their employment and training needs. Every full time program has seven components: basic academic skills, computer literacy, occupational knowledge, occupational performance skills, safety, work place skills and leadership skills. Whether you are a high school student preparing for post-secondary education or work; an unemployed or underemployed adult looking for a career or advancement in a career; or a business looking for upgrade training for your current employees or to hire new employees; we want to help.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Carver Career Center||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||49 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||20||7|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||68%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Carver Career Center is West Virginia Junior College-Charleston (5.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 129 students | 5.60 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston,  WV  25301
(304) 345-2820 5.60129
- 1,573 students | 8.60 Mi2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston,  WV  25303
(304) 205-6600 8.601,573
- 1,162 students | 14.80 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
(304) 734-6601 14.801,162
- 63 students | 15.40 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
(304) 776-6290 15.4063
- 1,859 students | 39.00 MiDempsey Branch Road
Mount Gay,  WV  25637
(304) 896-7098 39.001,859
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!