Carver Career Center
- Carver Career and Technical Education Center is a large, modern, well-equipped facility accessible to the handicapped. Carver is a career school designed to provide technical training and placement for high school students and adults in a variety of occupational areas. The mission of Carver Career Center is to provide associate degree, certificate and short term education programs designed to prepare secondary students from Kanawha County and adult students from Kanawha County and surrounding counties for employment, career advancement, and/or continued education and to assist employers in meeting their employment and training needs. Every full time program has seven components: basic academic skills, computer literacy, occupational knowledge, occupational performance skills, safety, work place skills and leadership skills. Whether you are a high school student preparing for post-secondary education or work; an unemployed or underemployed adult looking for a career or advancement in a career; or a business looking for upgrade training for your current employees or to hire new employees; we want to help.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Carver Career Center||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||49 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||20||7|
|Total Enrollment||259 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||237 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||22 students||625 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,600||$25,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||68%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Carver Career Center is West Virginia Junior College-Charleston (5.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 129 students | 5.70 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston,  WV  25301
- 1,573 students | 12.90 Mi2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston,  WV  25303
- 1,162 students | 14.70 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
- 63 students | 15.40 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
- 1,859 students | 39.20 MiDempsey Branch Road
Mount Gay,  WV  25637
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.