Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College
- The mission of the Community and Technical College System of West Virginia is to deliver affordable, accessible high quality education and training that dynamically advances the economic and social development of West Virginia. The West Virginia Council for Community and Technical College Education, the state-level coordinating body for community and technical college education, is seeking an individual to serve as the Director of Workforce and Economic Development. This position reports to and works closely with the Chancellor to support statewide initiatives relating to technical program development; workforce training; economic development; and grant development and management.
- The teacher population of 94 teachers has grown by 14% over five years.
|Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,573 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||993 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||580 students||625 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College is Everest Institute-Cross Lanes (3.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 63 students | 3.00 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
- 129 students | 7.50 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston,  WV  25301
- 259 students | 12.90 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston,  WV  25306
- 1,162 students | 27.60 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
- 2,026 students | 36.10 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington,  WV  25701
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.