Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College
Tel: (304) 205-6600
- The mission of the Community and Technical College System of West Virginia is to deliver affordable, accessible high quality education and training that dynamically advances the economic and social development of West Virginia. The West Virginia Council for Community and Technical College Education, the state-level coordinating body for community and technical college education, is seeking an individual to serve as the Director of Workforce and Economic Development. This position reports to and works closely with the Chancellor to support statewide initiatives relating to technical program development; workforce training; economic development; and grant development and management.
The teacher population of 94 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||49 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College is BridgeValley Community & Technical College (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,689 students | 0.00 Mi2001 Union Carbide Dr
South Charleston,  WV  25136
(304) 734-6600 0.001,689
- 126 students | 3.50 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston,  WV  25301
(304) 345-2820 3.50126
- 170 students | 8.60 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston,  WV  25306
(304) 348-1965 8.60170
- 1,162 students | 23.40 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
(304) 734-6601 23.401,162
- 1,458 students | 38.50 MiDempsey Branch Road
Mount Gay,  WV  25637
(304) 896-7098 38.501,458
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.