Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College
Tel: (304) 205-6600
- The mission of the Community and Technical College System of West Virginia is to deliver affordable, accessible high quality education and training that dynamically advances the economic and social development of West Virginia. The West Virginia Council for Community and Technical College Education, the state-level coordinating body for community and technical college education, is seeking an individual to serve as the Director of Workforce and Economic Development. This position reports to and works closely with the Chancellor to support statewide initiatives relating to technical program development; workforce training; economic development; and grant development and management.
The teacher population of 94 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||49 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College is West Virginia Junior College-Charleston (3.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 129 students | 3.50 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston,  WV  25301
(304) 345-2820 3.50129
- 63 students | 6.90 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
(304) 776-6290 6.9063
- 259 students | 8.60 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston,  WV  25306
(304) 348-1965 8.60259
- 1,162 students | 23.40 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
(304) 734-6601 23.401,162
- 1,859 students | 38.50 MiDempsey Branch Road
Mount Gay,  WV  25637
(304) 896-7098 38.501,859
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!