Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College
- The mission of the Community and Technical College System of West Virginia is to deliver affordable, accessible high quality education and training that dynamically advances the economic and social development of West Virginia. The West Virginia Council for Community and Technical College Education, the state-level coordinating body for community and technical college education, is seeking an individual to serve as the Director of Workforce and Economic Development. This position reports to and works closely with the Chancellor to support statewide initiatives relating to technical program development; workforce training; economic development; and grant development and management.
- The teacher population of 94 teachers has grown by 14% over five years.
|Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,573 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||993 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||580 students||625 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 63 students | 3.00 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
- 129 students | 7.50 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston,  WV  25301
- 259 students | 12.90 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston,  WV  25306
- 1,162 students | 27.60 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
- 2,026 students | 36.10 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington,  WV  25701
March 21, 2018
Learn how community colleges are outperforming 4 year universities in several different areas.
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.