- Virginia College is a private institution of higher education committed to offering associate degrees, diploma courses, and baccalaureate degrees at its various campuses. These programs strengthen the student?s ability to enter or advance in a chosen career. The student?s learning experience and placement opportunities are enhanced through studies that provide a balance of general academics, technical skills and personal growth.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has declined by 12% over five years.
|Virginia College-Huntsville||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||44 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||597 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||408 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||189 students||752 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,900||$29,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Virginia College was founded by the Atlantis Group, Inc., in 1983 and then purchased by Career Futures, Inc., in 1989. The College opened its first branch campus in Birmingham, Alabama, in February 1992, and this became the main campus in 1995. In April 1993, the College opened its second branch campus in Huntsville, Alabama. Education Corporation of America acquired Virginia College in mid 1999. The College opened its third branch campus in Jackson, Mississippi, in January 2000. Medical Career Centers in Pensacola, Florida, and Mobile, Alabama, became part of the Virginia College family in July 2001. A fourth branch campus was opened in Austin, Texas, in January 2002. The most recent additions are Virginia College Technical, which opened in Pelham, Alabama, in January 2003, and Virginia College Gulf Coast at Biloxi, Mississippi, which held its first classes in November 2005. Virginia College also operates Virginia College Online, offering educational opportunities to students anywhere via the internet while allowing students located near on-ground campuses to have a choice of taking classes online, in the traditional classroom, or in a combination of both. Virginia College at Huntsville is an Alabama career college that offers a wide variety of programs, resulting in both diplomas and associate degrees in such diverse fields as office management, paralegal studies, business management, health & medical, and computer technologies. The Huntsville campus also offers Bachelor's degrees in criminal justice, business management and computer technologies. Programs Offered at Huntsville campus includes Administrative Office Management - Medical, Business Management, Health Services Management, Human Resource Management, Private Sector Accounting, Cosmetology, Criminal Justice, Health Services Management, Medical Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding: Medical Reimbursement, Orthopaedic Technology, Pharmacy Technician, Therapeutic Massage, Certified Cisco Associate, Microsoft Network Engineering, Network Engineering, Network Security, Networking Management, Animation and Game Design, Computer Aided Drafting and Design, Digital Media Technician, Internet Webmaster, Multimedia Management, Visual Communications, Administrative Assistant, Administrative Office Management and Paralegal Studies. Virginia College specializes in providing the education and training demanded by a competitive job market, leading to exciting opportunities for graduates. Virginia College at Huntsville offers the benefits of small class sizes and flexible schedules, allowing you to earn the education you want at a time that's most convenient for you. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Virginia College-Huntsville is Huntsville Bible College (2.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 138 students | 2.60 Mi904 Oakwood Ave
Huntsville,  AL  35811
- 1,062 students | 4.20 Mi3421 Meridian St N
Huntsville,  AL  35811
- 10,802 students | 20.10 Mi6250 U S Highway 31 N
Tanner,  AL  35671
- 2,708 students | 40.90 Mi138 Highway 35
Rainsville,  AL  35986
- 2,298 students | 43.00 Mi102 Elder Street
Boaz,  AL  35957
Learn about new sustainability programs designed to educate students on green industries and how students can use those studies to build successful, “green” careers.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.