- Virginia College is a private institution of higher education committed to offering associate degrees, diploma courses, and baccalaureate degrees at its various campuses. These programs strengthen the student?s ability to enter or advance in a chosen career. The student?s learning experience and placement opportunities are enhanced through studies that provide a balance of general academics, technical skills and personal growth.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has declined by 12% over five years.
|Virginia College-Huntsville||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||44 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||597 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||408 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||189 students||752 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,900||$29,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Virginia College was founded by the Atlantis Group, Inc., in 1983 and then purchased by Career Futures, Inc., in 1989. The College opened its first branch campus in Birmingham, Alabama, in February 1992, and this became the main campus in 1995. In April 1993, the College opened its second branch campus in Huntsville, Alabama. Education Corporation of America acquired Virginia College in mid 1999. The College opened its third branch campus in Jackson, Mississippi, in January 2000. Medical Career Centers in Pensacola, Florida, and Mobile, Alabama, became part of the Virginia College family in July 2001. A fourth branch campus was opened in Austin, Texas, in January 2002. The most recent additions are Virginia College Technical, which opened in Pelham, Alabama, in January 2003, and Virginia College Gulf Coast at Biloxi, Mississippi, which held its first classes in November 2005. Virginia College also operates Virginia College Online, offering educational opportunities to students anywhere via the internet while allowing students located near on-ground campuses to have a choice of taking classes online, in the traditional classroom, or in a combination of both. Virginia College at Huntsville is an Alabama career college that offers a wide variety of programs, resulting in both diplomas and associate degrees in such diverse fields as office management, paralegal studies, business management, health & medical, and computer technologies. The Huntsville campus also offers Bachelor's degrees in criminal justice, business management and computer technologies. Programs Offered at Huntsville campus includes Administrative Office Management - Medical, Business Management, Health Services Management, Human Resource Management, Private Sector Accounting, Cosmetology, Criminal Justice, Health Services Management, Medical Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding: Medical Reimbursement, Orthopaedic Technology, Pharmacy Technician, Therapeutic Massage, Certified Cisco Associate, Microsoft Network Engineering, Network Engineering, Network Security, Networking Management, Animation and Game Design, Computer Aided Drafting and Design, Digital Media Technician, Internet Webmaster, Multimedia Management, Visual Communications, Administrative Assistant, Administrative Office Management and Paralegal Studies. Virginia College specializes in providing the education and training demanded by a competitive job market, leading to exciting opportunities for graduates. Virginia College at Huntsville offers the benefits of small class sizes and flexible schedules, allowing you to earn the education you want at a time that's most convenient for you. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 138 students | 2.60 Mi904 Oakwood Ave
Huntsville,  AL  35811
- 1,062 students | 4.20 Mi3421 Meridian St N
Huntsville,  AL  35811
- 10,802 students | 20.10 Mi6250 U S Highway 31 N
Tanner,  AL  35671
- 2,708 students | 40.90 Mi138 Highway 35
Rainsville,  AL  35986
- 2,298 students | 43.00 Mi102 Elder Street
Boaz,  AL  35957
February 07, 2018
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
December 21, 2017
Many students start their academic careers at a community college, hoping to transfer to a four-year university, but find themselves missing the mark. Thankfully, a new report surveying university leaders provides ideas on how to help students make the transfer successfully.
December 21, 2017
Learn about the research that shows how participation in community college boosts student performance and success.