Vatterott College-Spring Valley
- Vatterott works to promote a fresh kind of education: training you could use to change the direction of your life. Whether your plan is to become an IT professional or take your place in business operations, enroll in a diesel mechanics program or earn a diploma in paralegal studies, Vatterott can help prepare you for a new career path. The following are the award levels available at the various Vatterott locations. Please note that not all programs are available at all campuses. At Vatterott College, Vatterott Career College, Vatterott Education Center, L’Ecole Culinaire, or The Court Reporting Institute, you could earn a degree or diploma that could equip you with the skills employers are looking for. Through hands-on training from our instructors, flexible program hours and customized career service assistance, Vatterott can help you fit the education you need into your busy schedule.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 82% over five years.
|Vatterott College-Spring Valley||(NE) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||20 staff|
|Total Enrollment||145 students||1,769 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||145 students||477 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,292 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,300||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Vatterott College-Spring Valley is Alegent Creighton Health School of Radiologic Technology (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 22 students | 3.80 Mi7500 Mercy Road
Omaha,  NE  68124
- 39 students | 5.10 Mi10850 Emmet St
Omaha,  NE  68164
- 720 students | 6.40 Mi5425 N. 103rd St.
Omaha,  NE  68134
- 14,675 students | 9.60 Mi30 & Fort Street
Omaha,  NE  68111
- 14 students | 11.00 Mi8702 North 30th Street
Omaha,  NE  68112
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.