Urban College of Boston
- The Urban College of Boston (UCB) is an independent, co-educational two-year institution located in the heart of downtown Boston. UCB is chartered by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to offer programs of study leading to the Associate of Arts degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Services Administration and General Studies. UCB also offers a range of certificate programs and continuing education courses.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Urban College of Boston||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||96 staff|
|Total Enrollment||810 students||3,428 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||32 students||1,076 students|
|# Part-Time Students||778 students||2,352 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,400||$35,500|
- The Urban College of Boston was established to provide post-secondary educational and professional mobility to members of the urban community who have been traditionally under-served by higher education. The Urban College was founded by Action for Boston Community Development, Inc. (ABCD), which is one of the nation's largest community action agencies and Boston's official antipoverty agency. In 1967, ABCD launched the Urban College Program in an effort to meet the educational, employment and career development needs of the adult community. The Urban College Program quickly attracted the enthusiastic collaboration of major Boston area colleges and universities, enabling men and women over the ensuing years to earn academic credits toward undergraduate and graduate degrees while acquiring job-related skills. Twenty years later, preparations began to obtain independent degree-granting status. In May 1993, the Higher Education Coordinating Council of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts voted unanimously to charter the Urban College of Boston. In January 1994, the Urban College of Boston proudly enrolled its first degree candidates, men and women who had chosen the road to personal and professional fulfillment with an institution created specifically to support and foster their ambitions. UCB serves more than 700 students each semester through associate degree programs in Early Childhood Education, Human Services Administration, and General Studies, as well as a variety of certificate and continuing education program. The Urban College of Boston is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC).
- The nearest community college to Urban College of Boston is New England College of Business and Finance (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 841 students | 0.40 Mi10 High St Ste 204
Boston,  MA  02110
- 1,108 students | 1.00 Mi122 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston,  MA  02116
- 474 students | 1.00 Mi215 First St
Cambridge,  MA  02142
- 14,253 students | 1.30 Mi250 New Rutherford Ave
Charlestown,  MA  02129
- 2,393 students | 2.60 Mi1234 Columbus Ave
Roxbury Crossing,  MA  02120