- Roxbury Community College is an urban college, which has both the expectation and obligation to serve, with excellence, communities with predominately minority and recent immigrant populations. With the belief that all students admitted to Roxbury Community College can learn, be trained and reach their educational objectives, the mission of Roxbury Community College is to provide, through its degree, certificate and student development programs, instruction and personal growth experiences that prepare students for lifelong learning, employment, good citizenship, and ethical conduct. In addition to serving the learning needs of the Greater Roxbury area and surrounding communities, Roxbury Community College has chosen to focus on mathematics, nursing, science and technology.
- Enrollment: 1,200 students
- In-state tuition: $3,962
- Out-state tuition: $9,266
- Student:teacher ratio: 4:1
- Minority enrollment: 89%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Roxbury Community College is a comprehensive, urban, student-centered, open-access community college providing higher learning opportunities for all who may benefit. The primary mission of the College is to serve the needs of a diverse Greater Roxbury area and the surrounding Boston metropolitan communities. Roxbury Community College offers quality post-secondary higher education learning opportunities in developmental academic skills, the liberal arts and sciences, career and transfer programs, workforce development, and private and public sector training. Roxbury Community College grants associate degrees and certificates, affording its students a solid foundation for college transfer, employment, professional advancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning. Roxbury Community College is a dynamic academic institution engaged in preparing students for the educational and workforce challenges of the 21st century. We offer a vibrant learning environment in which you can earn an Associate degree, a Certificate, or merely take classes to advance life-long learning. To help you achieve your goals, we have an outstanding curriculum, excellent advisors, exceptional tutoring and writing centers, transfer services, and a state-of-the-art Academic Computing Center. The College is governed by a board of eleven trustees composed of business and civic leaders appointed by the Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, two alumni (one elected by the alumni and one appointed by the Governor), and one student elected by the student body. The Columbus Avenue Roxbury Crossing Campus includes six buildings housing classrooms, specialized science and computer laboratories, the Library and the Learning Center, an onsite Day Care Center, a student bookstore, the Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center, a 500 seat theater, music, dance and art studios, a new food service court, snack machines and dedicated spaces for student activities, quiet games, student lounges and small group meeting spaces. The college is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.