Bay State College
- Bay State College is a private college whose mission is to provide students with a quality education that prepares them for professional careers and increasing levels of higher education. Bay State College accomplishes this mission by providing a learning environment where teaching excellence and student services are blended to support the uniqueness of individual students, preparing them to achieve their full potential as ethically and socially aware citizens.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bay State College||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||59 staff||96 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,108 students||3,428 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||730 students||1,076 students|
|# Part-Time Students||378 students||2,352 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||198||391|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||$35,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bay State College was founded in 1946. Bay State College is a private college whose mission is to prepare students for successful careers and global citizenship through academic rigor and individualized support. Bay State College accomplishes this mission by providing a learning environment where teaching excellence and student services are blended to support the uniqueness of individual students, preparing them to achieve their full potential as ethically and socially aware citizens. For several years, Bay State College was named to the Presidents' Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning and civic engagement. Bay State College has approximately 800 students enrolled in day, evening and online bachelor`s degree programs as well as range of associates degrees and certificate programs. Non-traditional students have the option of earning an online degree or attending evening college courses at Bay State`s two locations in Boston and Taunton, MA. Visit baystate.edu for more information.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 810 students | 0.70 Mi178 Tremont St 7th Fl
Boston,  MA  02111
- 474 students | 0.90 Mi215 First St
Cambridge,  MA  02142
- 841 students | 1.00 Mi10 High St Ste 204
Boston,  MA  02110
- 14,253 students | 1.60 Mi250 New Rutherford Ave
Charlestown,  MA  02129
- 2,393 students | 1.80 Mi1234 Columbus Ave
Roxbury Crossing,  MA  02120
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.