Bay State College
- Bay State College is a private college whose mission is to provide students with a quality education that prepares them for professional careers and increasing levels of higher education. Bay State College accomplishes this mission by providing a learning environment where teaching excellence and student services are blended to support the uniqueness of individual students, preparing them to achieve their full potential as ethically and socially aware citizens.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bay State College||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||59 staff||96 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,108 students||3,428 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||730 students||1,076 students|
|# Part-Time Students||378 students||2,352 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||198||391|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||$35,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bay State College was founded in 1946. Bay State College is a private college whose mission is to prepare students for successful careers and global citizenship through academic rigor and individualized support. Bay State College accomplishes this mission by providing a learning environment where teaching excellence and student services are blended to support the uniqueness of individual students, preparing them to achieve their full potential as ethically and socially aware citizens. For several years, Bay State College was named to the Presidents' Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning and civic engagement. Bay State College has approximately 800 students enrolled in day, evening and online bachelor`s degree programs as well as range of associates degrees and certificate programs. Non-traditional students have the option of earning an online degree or attending evening college courses at Bay State`s two locations in Boston and Taunton, MA. Visit baystate.edu for more information.
- The nearest community college to Bay State College is Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Cambridge (0.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 474 students | 0.90 Mi215 First St
Cambridge,  MA  02142
- 841 students | 1.00 Mi10 High St Ste 204
Boston,  MA  02110
- 810 students | 1.00 Mi178 Tremont St 7th Fl
Boston,  MA  02111
- 2,393 students | 1.70 Mi1234 Columbus Ave
Roxbury Crossing,  MA  02120
- 14,253 students | 1.80 Mi250 New Rutherford Ave
Charlestown,  MA  02129
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.