Fisher College Photo #2 - Fisher student studying in the Esplanade. The campus is steps away from The Charles River, Boston Common, and Public Garden.
Fisher College Photo #3 - Separate from Fisher's dining hall, Fisher's cafe The Falcon's Nest offers convenient grab-n-go items as well as seating for socializing or studying between classes.
- The teacher population of 78 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fisher College||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||78 staff||96 staff|
|Total Enrollment||828 students||3,428 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,076 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||2,352 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,400||$35,500|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- It has been the tradition of Fisher College to serve the educational needs of different populations. In its Day Division, Fisher provides career and transfer programs in a small college setting. This division actively seeks a diverse student population reflecting a cross section of American and international cultures.
- The Division of Accelerated and Professional Studies offers degree and certificate programs both electronically and at locations in eastern Massachusetts to a broad spectrum of learners as well as to business and industry through courses, seminars, workshops, and training sessions. When it was founded in 1903, Fisher College emphasized vocational preparation for its first few decades. Since then curriculum plans and objectives have expanded.
- In 1952, Fisher was approved as a two-year college by the Board of Regents of Higher Education of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and, in 1957, was given degree-granting powers. In 1970, Fisher gained membership in the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., with accreditation. Today, students from all parts of America and from numerous foreign countries attend Fisher's Day Division. In January 1999 Fisher College was approved by the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education to offer the Bachelor of Science in Management Degree. In December 2009 Fisher College was approved by the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education to offer a Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Media Studies, as well as a Bachelor of Science in Human Services. Today, the college offers a wide variety of Bachelor degree and concentration options, including Psychology and Criminal Justice.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,108 students | 0.30 Mi122 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston,  MA  02116
- 474 students | 0.70 Mi215 First St
Cambridge,  MA  02142
- 810 students | 0.70 Mi178 Tremont St 7th Fl
Boston,  MA  02111
- 841 students | 0.90 Mi10 High St Ste 204
Boston,  MA  02110
- 14,253 students | 1.50 Mi250 New Rutherford Ave
Charlestown,  MA  02129
Take advantage of career opportunities in the field of radio broadcasting by starting your training at your local community college.
Being a single parent is difficult (and expensive) but it shouldn't stop you from furthering your education. Read on to learn how to pay for community college as a single parent.
If you're preparing to apply to college, use your summer wisely and complete a few college visits. Read on to learn how to plan and how to get the most from each visit.