City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College
- Malcolm X College , a learning and assessment-centered community college, empowers students of diverse backgrounds and abilities to achieve academic, career, and personal success.
The teacher population of 139 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||139 staff||123 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Malcolm X College , a learning and assessment-centered community college, empowers students of diverse backgrounds and abilities to achieve academic, career, and personal success. In addition to our commitment to academic excellence, we are a learning and assessment centered community college committed to extending learning experiences beyond the classroom setting to the global community through a wealth of cultural programs, extracurricular activities and socially relevant symposia. Annually the College hosts over 1,000 meetings and community events serving in excess of 150,000 individuals. In partnership with the Shule Ya Watoto (School for Children), Malcolm X College has the distinction of hosting one of the nation's only seven day Kwanzaa observances in the country, open to the public. In addition, the College addresses the needs of a multi-cultural student body and its surrounding community through events celebrating African American History Month, Asian American Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, Women's History Month and Veterans' Day, to name a few. Malcolm X College is embarking on a 35 million dollar renovation project to improve the mechanical and electrical infrastructure; replace the roof; upgrade public restrooms and the gymnasium; replace classroom furniture and install new lighting at Malcolm X College and the West Side Learning Center . These physical upgrades are certain to have a positive, lasting impact upon the learning environment of the institution, ensuring better educational experiences for all of our constituents.
The nearest community college to City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College is Coyne College (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 611 students | 1.50 Mi330 North Green Street
Chicago,  IL  60607
(773) 577-8100 1.50611
- 1,516 students | 2.00 Mi900 N. North Branch St.
Chicago,  IL  60642
(312) 752-2000 2.001,516
- 1,086 students | 2.30 Mi361 W Chestnut
Chicago,  IL  60610
(312) 944-0882 2.301,086
- 3,205 students | 2.40 Mi401 S State Street
Chicago,  IL  60605
(312) 935-6800 2.403,205
- 9,392 students | 2.50 Mi30 E Lake St
Chicago,  IL  60601
(312) 553-5600 2.509,392
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!