City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College
- Malcolm X College , a learning and assessment-centered community college, empowers students of diverse backgrounds and abilities to achieve academic, career, and personal success.
- The teacher population of 139 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||139 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,245 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||45:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,738 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,507 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,000||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Malcolm X College , a learning and assessment-centered community college, empowers students of diverse backgrounds and abilities to achieve academic, career, and personal success. In addition to our commitment to academic excellence, we are a learning and assessment centered community college committed to extending learning experiences beyond the classroom setting to the global community through a wealth of cultural programs, extracurricular activities and socially relevant symposia. Annually the College hosts over 1,000 meetings and community events serving in excess of 150,000 individuals. In partnership with the Shule Ya Watoto (School for Children), Malcolm X College has the distinction of hosting one of the nation's only seven day Kwanzaa observances in the country, open to the public. In addition, the College addresses the needs of a multi-cultural student body and its surrounding community through events celebrating African American History Month, Asian American Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, Women's History Month and Veterans' Day, to name a few. Malcolm X College is embarking on a 35 million dollar renovation project to improve the mechanical and electrical infrastructure; replace the roof; upgrade public restrooms and the gymnasium; replace classroom furniture and install new lighting at Malcolm X College and the West Side Learning Center . These physical upgrades are certain to have a positive, lasting impact upon the learning environment of the institution, ensuring better educational experiences for all of our constituents.
- The nearest community college to City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College is Coyne College (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 611 students | 1.50 Mi330 North Green Street
Chicago,  IL  60607
- 1,516 students | 2.00 Mi900 N. North Branch St.
Chicago,  IL  60642
- 1,086 students | 2.40 Mi361 W Chestnut
Chicago,  IL  60610
- 3,205 students | 2.40 Mi401 S State Street
Chicago,  IL  60605
- 9,392 students | 2.50 Mi30 E Lake St
Chicago,  IL  60601
Learn the important role community colleges have take in improving homeland security.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.