City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College
- Malcolm X College , a learning and assessment-centered community college, empowers students of diverse backgrounds and abilities to achieve academic, career, and personal success.
- The teacher population of 139 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||139 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,245 students||3,818 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||45:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,738 students||1,205 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,507 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,000||$32,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Malcolm X College , a learning and assessment-centered community college, empowers students of diverse backgrounds and abilities to achieve academic, career, and personal success. In addition to our commitment to academic excellence, we are a learning and assessment centered community college committed to extending learning experiences beyond the classroom setting to the global community through a wealth of cultural programs, extracurricular activities and socially relevant symposia. Annually the College hosts over 1,000 meetings and community events serving in excess of 150,000 individuals. In partnership with the Shule Ya Watoto (School for Children), Malcolm X College has the distinction of hosting one of the nation's only seven day Kwanzaa observances in the country, open to the public. In addition, the College addresses the needs of a multi-cultural student body and its surrounding community through events celebrating African American History Month, Asian American Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, Women's History Month and Veterans' Day, to name a few. Malcolm X College is embarking on a 35 million dollar renovation project to improve the mechanical and electrical infrastructure; replace the roof; upgrade public restrooms and the gymnasium; replace classroom furniture and install new lighting at Malcolm X College and the West Side Learning Center . These physical upgrades are certain to have a positive, lasting impact upon the learning environment of the institution, ensuring better educational experiences for all of our constituents.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 611 students | 1.50 Mi330 North Green Street
Chicago,  IL  60607
- 1,516 students | 2.00 Mi900 N. North Branch St.
Chicago,  IL  60642
- 280 students | 2.00 Mi318 West Adams Street, Suite 500
Chicago,  IL  60606
- 1,086 students | 2.40 Mi361 W Chestnut
Chicago,  IL  60610
- 3,205 students | 2.40 Mi401 S State Street
Chicago,  IL  60605
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!