City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College
- Malcolm X College , a learning and assessment-centered community college, empowers students of diverse backgrounds and abilities to achieve academic, career, and personal success.
- The teacher population of 139 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||139 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,245 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||45:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,738 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,507 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,000||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Malcolm X College , a learning and assessment-centered community college, empowers students of diverse backgrounds and abilities to achieve academic, career, and personal success. In addition to our commitment to academic excellence, we are a learning and assessment centered community college committed to extending learning experiences beyond the classroom setting to the global community through a wealth of cultural programs, extracurricular activities and socially relevant symposia. Annually the College hosts over 1,000 meetings and community events serving in excess of 150,000 individuals. In partnership with the Shule Ya Watoto (School for Children), Malcolm X College has the distinction of hosting one of the nation's only seven day Kwanzaa observances in the country, open to the public. In addition, the College addresses the needs of a multi-cultural student body and its surrounding community through events celebrating African American History Month, Asian American Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, Women's History Month and Veterans' Day, to name a few. Malcolm X College is embarking on a 35 million dollar renovation project to improve the mechanical and electrical infrastructure; replace the roof; upgrade public restrooms and the gymnasium; replace classroom furniture and install new lighting at Malcolm X College and the West Side Learning Center . These physical upgrades are certain to have a positive, lasting impact upon the learning environment of the institution, ensuring better educational experiences for all of our constituents.
- The nearest community college to City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College is Coyne College (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 611 students | 1.50 Mi330 North Green Street
Chicago,  IL  60607
- 1,516 students | 2.00 Mi900 N. North Branch St.
Chicago,  IL  60642
- 1,086 students | 2.40 Mi361 W Chestnut
Chicago,  IL  60610
- 3,205 students | 2.40 Mi401 S State Street
Chicago,  IL  60605
- 9,392 students | 2.50 Mi30 E Lake St
Chicago,  IL  60601
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.