The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College
Tel: (215) 222-4200
- Centrally located in the cultural center of the world-class city of Philadelphia, The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College offers students dynamic Bachelor's and Associate degree programs in Culinary Arts, Hotel Management, Pastry Arts, and Restaurant Management and includes tours of France, Bahamas and England. Hospitality is at the heart of all we do. We look forward to meeting you.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||396 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||396 students||372 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||130||300|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,900||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded by a restaurateur, chef, maitre'd, and educational specialist, the school's campus has been designed to support industry trends and educational goals. Its European Courtyard complex features open-to-the-public restaurants including our new Bistro Perrier featuring Chef Georges Perrier, Master in Residence. This academic setting enables students to participate in a real-life kitchen setting and to manage front-of-house service. The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College offers a specially designed curriculum for individuals planning a successful career in the culinary and hospitality field. For over 44 years, The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College has received national acclaim for its innovative approach to education. We offer a real life, interactive educational experience in a bustling restaurant environment in the heart of University City, Philadelphia - home to one of the largest student populations in America. Students are encouraged to join one of our student organizations, which provide them a chance to explore famous restaurants, hotels, pastry shops, and local wineries. Our clubs enable students to network with industry leaders and build their rm The heart of The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College's campus is a picturesque European courtyard situated in the midst of an American college environment. The college's major building, Allison Mansion, features bright restaurant kitchens, multi-media enhanced lecture halls, computer labs, a library, and four different themed open-to-the-public restaurants, which serve as part of educational life. As the college grows and new buildings are added, the Mansion continues to service as the hub of campus life.
- The nearest community college to The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College is Lincoln Technical Institute-Center City Philadelphia (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 533 students | 0.60 Mi3600 Market St
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
(215) 382-1553 0.60533
- 19,119 students | 2.10 Mi1700 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
(215) 751-8000 2.1019,119
- 31 students | 2.20 Mi100 South Broad Street, Suite 830
Philadelphia,  PA  19110
(215) 568-9215 2.2031
- 1,833 students | 2.20 Mi1420 Pine Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19102
(888) 467-3472 2.201,833
- 79 students | 2.30 Mi1500 Spring Garden Street, Suite 101
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
(215) 574-9600 2.3079
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.