Jna Institute of Culinary Arts
- JNA Institute of Culinary Arts is dedicated to turning out well-trained graduates. The faculty, using modern educational techniques, teaches the students in a realistic job setting. Hands-on training is stressed, but theory and relevant course work are also used to provide our students with the necessary background and experience to become successes.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 50% over five years.
|Jna Institute of Culinary Arts||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||5 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||59 students||571 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||59 students||354 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||217 students|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.62||0.57|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$22,100||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- JNA Institute of Culinary Arts has provided quality training for the food service industry since 1988. From the standpoint of success stories, graduates from our first program are still employed in the food service industry in ever increasing areas of responsibility. With a strong concern for educational excellence and a proud record of job placement, the school maintains an excellent reputation among students, graduates, and employers throughout the Philadelphia area. In 1999 the Alpha Beta Kappa National Honor Society authorized the establishment of the “Iota of Pennsylvania” Chapter at the school. The school is located at the south end of the Avenue of the Arts, in the heart of historic South Philadelphia, and is easily accessible by all forms of public transportation. The school features two laboratory kitchens with ranges, ovens, broilers, other commercial cooking equipment and supplies needed to simulate working restaurants. The use of these laboratory kitchens in conjunction with classroom lectures enhances the training provided by our programs. Our equipment assists in the proper instruction and production of breads, cakes, tarts, sauces, salads and entrées that prepares and qualifies students to meet the expectations of the food service industry. The college offers Diploma Program in Professional Cooking, Specialized Food Service Management program and Associate Degree in Culinary Arts / Restaurant Management. In 1992 the school was recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, State Board of Private Licensed Schools and was granted a License to operate as a private licensed school. In February of 1994 the school became accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,833 students | 0.70 Mi1420 Pine Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19102
- 31 students | 1.10 Mi100 South Broad Street, Suite 830
Philadelphia,  PA  19110
- 1,953 students | 1.10 Mi1622 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19103
- 79 students | 1.40 MiThe Bourse Suite 300 111 S. Independence Mall East
Philadelphia,  PA  19106
- 610 students | 1.60 Mi3010 Market Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.