Jna Institute of Culinary Arts
- JNA Institute of Culinary Arts is dedicated to turning out well-trained graduates. The faculty, using modern educational techniques, teaches the students in a realistic job setting. Hands-on training is stressed, but theory and relevant course work are also used to provide our students with the necessary background and experience to become successes.
Jna Institute of Culinary Arts places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jna Institute of Culinary Arts||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||5 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||59 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||59 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||246 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$22,100||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- JNA Institute of Culinary Arts has provided quality training for the food service industry since 1988. From the standpoint of success stories, graduates from our first program are still employed in the food service industry in ever increasing areas of responsibility. With a strong concern for educational excellence and a proud record of job placement, the school maintains an excellent reputation among students, graduates, and employers throughout the Philadelphia area. In 1999 the Alpha Beta Kappa National Honor Society authorized the establishment of the “Iota of Pennsylvania” Chapter at the school. The school is located at the south end of the Avenue of the Arts, in the heart of historic South Philadelphia, and is easily accessible by all forms of public transportation. The school features two laboratory kitchens with ranges, ovens, broilers, other commercial cooking equipment and supplies needed to simulate working restaurants. The use of these laboratory kitchens in conjunction with classroom lectures enhances the training provided by our programs. Our equipment assists in the proper instruction and production of breads, cakes, tarts, sauces, salads and entrées that prepares and qualifies students to meet the expectations of the food service industry. The college offers Diploma Program in Professional Cooking, Specialized Food Service Management program and Associate Degree in Culinary Arts / Restaurant Management. In 1992 the school was recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, State Board of Private Licensed Schools and was granted a License to operate as a private licensed school. In February of 1994 the school became accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,833 students | 0.70 Mi1420 Pine Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19102
- 31 students | 1.10 Mi100 South Broad Street, Suite 830
Philadelphia,  PA  19110
- 610 students | 1.60 Mi3010 Market Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
- 19,119 students | 1.90 Mi1700 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
- 79 students | 1.90 Mi1500 Spring Garden Street, Suite 101
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.