Jna Institute of Culinary Arts
- JNA Institute of Culinary Arts is dedicated to turning out well-trained graduates. The faculty, using modern educational techniques, teaches the students in a realistic job setting. Hands-on training is stressed, but theory and relevant course work are also used to provide our students with the necessary background and experience to become successes.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 14 students
- Private-state tuition: $12,725
- Student:teacher ratio: 2:1
- Minority enrollment: 85%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Jna Institute of Culinary Arts ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- JNA Institute of Culinary Arts has provided quality training for the food service industry since 1988. From the standpoint of success stories, graduates from our first program are still employed in the food service industry in ever increasing areas of responsibility. With a strong concern for educational excellence and a proud record of job placement, the school maintains an excellent reputation among students, graduates, and employers throughout the Philadelphia area. In 1999 the Alpha Beta Kappa National Honor Society authorized the establishment of the “Iota of Pennsylvania” Chapter at the school. The school is located at the south end of the Avenue of the Arts, in the heart of historic South Philadelphia, and is easily accessible by all forms of public transportation. The school features two laboratory kitchens with ranges, ovens, broilers, other commercial cooking equipment and supplies needed to simulate working restaurants. The use of these laboratory kitchens in conjunction with classroom lectures enhances the training provided by our programs. Our equipment assists in the proper instruction and production of breads, cakes, tarts, sauces, salads and entrées that prepares and qualifies students to meet the expectations of the food service industry. The college offers Diploma Program in Professional Cooking, Specialized Food Service Management program and Associate Degree in Culinary Arts / Restaurant Management. In 1992 the school was recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, State Board of Private Licensed Schools and was granted a License to operate as a private licensed school. In February of 1994 the school became accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Jna Institute of Culinary Arts cost?
Jna Institute of Culinary Arts's private state tuition is approximately $12,725.
What schools are Jna Institute of Culinary Arts often compared to?
Jna Institute of Culinary Artsis often viewed alongside schools like Community College of Philadelphia by visitors of our site.
What is Jna Institute of Culinary Arts's ranking?
Jna Institute of Culinary Arts ranks among the top 20% of community college in Pennsylvania for: Diversity in US community colleges, Average community college minority breakdown, Percent of students receiving financial aid, Highest completion rates and Least debt for graduating students.