Peirce College serves 1,046 students (23% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 79% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 39%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,046 students
- Private-state tuition: $13,800
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 79%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Peirce College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
The teacher population of 153 teachers has grown by 71% over five years.
(PA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Peirce College has declined by 29% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five years.
The Peirce College diversity score of 0.67 is more than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has grown by 15% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $13,800 is less than the state average of $17,669. The private state tuition has declined by 8% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Peirce College is one of the oldest accredited colleges offering a complete online degree program in the United States. Peirce offers its practical business and information technology management degrees online. Our three pronged educational delivery system approach – on campus, on site, online – has advanced dramatically, even beyond our own healthy projections. On campus refers to our facilities in the Center City business district of Philadelphia dating back to 1865. On site encompasses our array of degree offerings at employer, community, and school locations. Peirce Online is our expanding Internet mediated distance learning (IMDL) platform offering complete, accredited degrees. This triad provides a very strong foundation for long-term regional, national, and international growth. Peirce has earned its exceptional reputation as a leading provider of quality academic programs and undergraduate degrees in the areas of business, information technology and paralegal studies. A premier choice among working adults, Peirce offers options to make learning more convenient, including our online degree program, accelerated evening & weekend formats and The Peirce Corporate College, where individuals can earn a degree at their workplace. The College is authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to award the Bachelor of Science and Associate in Science degrees. Peirce College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Peirce College cost?
Peirce College's private state tuition is approximately $13,800.
What is the acceptance rate of Peirce College?
The acceptance rate of Peirce College is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 76%.
What is Peirce College's ranking?
Peirce College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Pennsylvania for: Diversity in US community colleges, Average community college minority breakdown and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.