Peirce College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 89 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Peirce College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||89 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,833 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||354 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,479 students||246 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||347 students||372 students|
|# Graduate Students||7 students||8 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$52,100||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Peirce College is one of the oldest accredited colleges offering a complete online degree program in the United States. Peirce offers its practical business and information technology management degrees online. Our three pronged educational delivery system approach – on campus, on site, online – has advanced dramatically, even beyond our own healthy projections. On campus refers to our facilities in the Center City business district of Philadelphia dating back to 1865. On site encompasses our array of degree offerings at employer, community, and school locations. Peirce Online is our expanding Internet mediated distance learning (IMDL) platform offering complete, accredited degrees. This triad provides a very strong foundation for long-term regional, national, and international growth. Peirce has earned its exceptional reputation as a leading provider of quality academic programs and undergraduate degrees in the areas of business, information technology and paralegal studies. A premier choice among working adults, Peirce offers options to make learning more convenient, including our online degree program, accelerated evening & weekend formats and The Peirce Corporate College, where individuals can earn a degree at their workplace. The College is authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to award the Bachelor of Science and Associate in Science degrees. Peirce College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- The nearest community college to Peirce College is Metropolitan Career Center Computer Technology Institute (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 31 students | 0.40 Mi100 South Broad Street, Suite 830
Philadelphia,  PA  19110
- 59 students | 0.70 Mi1212 S Broad St
Philadelphia,  PA  19146
- 610 students | 1.10 Mi3010 Market Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
- 19,119 students | 1.20 Mi1700 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
- 79 students | 1.20 Mi1500 Spring Garden Street, Suite 101
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.