Trident Technical College
- Trident Technical College is a public, two-year, multicampus institution that provides quality education and promotes economic development in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester counties in coastal South Carolina.
Trident Technical College places among the top 20% of community colleges in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 495 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Trident Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||495 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||16,136 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||7,183 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,953 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,700||$28,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Each semester approximately 17,000 credit students enroll in programs leading to college transfer associate degrees and technical associate degrees, diplomas and certificates. The curriculum includes programs in Business Technology; Community, Family and Child Studies; Health Sciences, Film, Media and Visual Arts; Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Industrial and Engineering Technology; Law-Related Studies; Nursing; and Science and Mathematics.Trident Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, diplomas and certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Trident Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Trident Technical College is Virginia College-Charleston (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 414 students | 1.50 Mi6185 Rivers Avenue
Charleston,  SC  29406
- 635 students | 2.00 Mi8085 Rivers Ave., Ste E
North Charleston,  SC  29418
- 2,529 students | 51.80 Mi921 Ribaut Road
Beaufort,  SC  29901
- 717 students | 52.10 Mi601 Martin Luther King Jr Ave
Kingstree,  SC  29556
- 3,060 students | 62.70 Mi3250 Saint Matthews Rd
Orangeburg,  SC  29118
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.