Trident Technical College
- Trident Technical College is a public, two-year, multicampus institution that provides quality education and promotes economic development in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester counties in coastal South Carolina.
Trident Technical College places among the top 20% of community colleges in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 495 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Trident Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||495 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||16,136 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||7,183 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,953 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,700||$28,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Each semester approximately 17,000 credit students enroll in programs leading to college transfer associate degrees and technical associate degrees, diplomas and certificates. The curriculum includes programs in Business Technology; Community, Family and Child Studies; Health Sciences, Film, Media and Visual Arts; Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Industrial and Engineering Technology; Law-Related Studies; Nursing; and Science and Mathematics.Trident Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, diplomas and certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Trident Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Trident Technical College is Virginia College-Charleston (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 414 students | 1.50 Mi6185 Rivers Avenue
Charleston,  SC  29406
- 635 students | 2.00 Mi8085 Rivers Ave., Ste E
North Charleston,  SC  29418
- 2,529 students | 51.80 Mi921 Ribaut Road
Beaufort,  SC  29901
- 717 students | 52.10 Mi601 Martin Luther King Jr Ave
Kingstree,  SC  29556
- 3,060 students | 62.70 Mi3250 Saint Matthews Rd
Orangeburg,  SC  29118
Take advantage of career opportunities in the field of radio broadcasting by starting your training at your local community college.
Being a single parent is difficult (and expensive) but it shouldn't stop you from furthering your education. Read on to learn how to pay for community college as a single parent.
If you're preparing to apply to college, use your summer wisely and complete a few college visits. Read on to learn how to plan and how to get the most from each visit.