Stevens-Henager College (West Haven)
- Stevens-Henager College is distinguished as one of the oldest colleges in Utah and in the country. Established 115 years ago, it is the only career college that has trained generations of graduates for Utah jobs. Today, Stevens-Henager is still one of the very few Utah career colleges offering accredited Bachelor's and Occupational Associate's Degrees.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Stevens-Henager College (West Haven)||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||205 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||205 students||270 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,600||$32,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Stevens-Henager College in Ogden, Utah has played a vital part in the education of the residents of Utah for 115 years. Founded in 1891 by Professor J.A. Smith, our college in Ogden has a proud heritage in the northern Utah community. Originally a business school, Stevens-Henager College in Ogden is now a career college offering bachelor's degrees in Accounting, Business Administration, and Technology. At Stevens-Henager College (SHC) you can complete your Associate's Degree in 20 months and your Bachelor's Degree in as few as 36 months. We offer degree programs in Medical Assisting, Surgical Technology, Business, Accounting, Networking and Information Systems, and Software and Mobile Applications Development. Our unique high-value programs prepare you with multiple skills so you can
acquire numerouscertifications and/or licenses within your field. Stevens-Henager College is accreditedby the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Stevens-Henager College (West Haven) is Latter-Day Saints Business College (7.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,995 students | 7.50 Mi95 North 300 West
Salt Lake City,  UT  84101
- 3,345 students | 10.60 Mi550 E 300 S
Kaysville,  UT  84037
- 217 students | 12.50 Mi3280 W 3500 S
West Valley City,  UT  84119
- 371 students | 13.50 Mi3949 S 700 E Ste 150
Salt Lake City,  UT  84107
- 126 students | 13.60 Mi869 West Hill Field Road
Layton,  UT  84041
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.