Stevens-Henager College (West Haven)
- Stevens-Henager College is distinguished as one of the oldest colleges in Utah and in the country. Established 115 years ago, it is the only career college that has trained generations of graduates for Utah jobs. Today, Stevens-Henager is still one of the very few Utah career colleges offering accredited Bachelor's and Occupational Associate's Degrees.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Stevens-Henager College (West Haven)||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||321 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||321 students||270 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,600||$32,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Stevens Henager College in Ogden, Utah has played a vital part in the education of the residents of Utah for 115 years. Founded in 1891 by Professor J.A. Smith, our college in Ogden has a proud heritage in the northern Utah community. Originally a business school, Stevens Henager College in Ogden is now a senior college offering bachelor's degrees in Accounting, Business Administration, and Computer Science. Ogden is the original location for the college, which now has locations in Provo, Murray, Salt Lake City, and Logan, Utah and in Boise, Idaho. Stevens-Henager College has five campuses in Utah: Salt Lake City - Downtown, Salt Lake City-Murray, Provo/Orem, Ogden, Logan and one in Boise, Idaho. At Stevens-Henager College (SHC) you can complete your Associate's Degree in 15 months and your Bachelor's Degree in only 30 months. We offer accelerated degree programs in Medical Assisting, Respiratory Therapy, Healthcare Administration, Surgical Technology, Management, Business, Accounting, Computer Networking, Computer Programming, Computer Science, and Graphic Arts. Our unique high-value programs prepare you with multiple skills so you can acquire numerous certifications and/or licenses within your field. Stevens-Henager College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- The nearest community college to Stevens-Henager College (West Haven) is Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College (3.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,615 students | 3.10 Mi200 N Washington Blvd
Ogden,  UT  84404
- 529 students | 9.10 Mi300 N. Coit Road, Suite 300
Richardson,  TX  75080
- 217 students | 11.20 Mi915 N 400 W
Layton,  UT  84041
- 126 students | 11.50 Mi869 West Hill Field Road
Layton,  UT  84041
- 3,345 students | 14.70 Mi550 E 300 S
Kaysville,  UT  84037
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.