Stevens-Henager College (West Haven)
- Stevens-Henager College is distinguished as one of the oldest colleges in Utah and in the country. Established 115 years ago, it is the only career college that has trained generations of graduates for Utah jobs. Today, Stevens-Henager is still one of the very few Utah career colleges offering accredited Bachelor's and Occupational Associate's Degrees.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Stevens-Henager College (West Haven)||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||205 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||205 students||270 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,600||$32,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Stevens Henager College in Ogden, Utah has played a vital part in the education of the residents of Utah for 115 years. Founded in 1891 by Professor J.A. Smith, our college in Ogden has a proud heritage in the northern Utah community. Originally a business school, Stevens Henager College in Ogden is now a senior college offering bachelor's degrees in Accounting and Computer Science. Ogden is the original location for the college, which now has locations in Provo, Murray, Salt Lake City, and Logan,
Utahand in Boise, Idaho. Stevens-Henager College has five campuses in Utah: Salt Lake City - Downtown, Salt Lake City-Murray, Provo/Orem, Ogden, Logan and one in Boise, Idaho. At Stevens-Henager College (SHC) you can complete your Associate's Degree in 15 months and your Bachelor's Degree in only 30 months. We offer accelerateddegree programs in Medical Assisting, Respiratory Therapy, Healthcare Administration, Surgical Technology, Management, Accounting, Computer Networking, Computer Programming, Computer Science, and Graphic Arts. Our unique high-value programs prepare you with multiple skills so you can acquire numerouscertifications and/or licenses within your field. Stevens-Henager College is accreditedby the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Stevens-Henager College (West Haven) is Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College (3.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,615 students | 3.10 Mi200 N Washington Blvd
Ogden,  UT  84404
- 529 students | 9.10 Mi300 N. Coit Road, Suite 300
Richardson,  TX  75080
- 217 students | 11.20 Mi915 N 400 W
Layton,  UT  84041
- 126 students | 11.50 Mi869 West Hill Field Road
Layton,  UT  84041
- 3,345 students | 14.70 Mi550 E 300 S
Kaysville,  UT  84037
Learn more about the Talent Search Program, which specifically targets potential students from disadvantaged backgrounds and offers them financial, academic and career counseling to help them finish high school and pursue a postsecondary education.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.