Stevens-Henager College (West Haven)
- Stevens-Henager College is distinguished as one of the oldest colleges in Utah and in the country. Established 115 years ago, it is the only career college that has trained generations of graduates for Utah jobs. Today, Stevens-Henager is still one of the very few Utah career colleges offering accredited Bachelor's and Occupational Associate's Degrees.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Stevens-Henager College (West Haven)||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||205 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||205 students||270 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,600||$32,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Stevens-Henager College in Ogden, Utah has played a vital part in the education of the residents of Utah for 115 years. Founded in 1891 by Professor J.A. Smith, our college in Ogden has a proud heritage in the northern Utah community. Originally a business school, Stevens-Henager College in Ogden is now a career college offering bachelor's degrees in Accounting, Business Administration, and Technology. At Stevens-Henager College (SHC) you can complete your Associate's Degree in 20 months and your Bachelor's Degree in as few as 36 months. We offer degree programs in Medical Assisting, Surgical Technology, Business, Accounting, Networking and Information Systems, and Software and Mobile Applications Development. Our unique high-value programs prepare you with multiple skills so you can
acquire numerouscertifications and/or licenses within your field. Stevens-Henager College is accreditedby the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Stevens-Henager College (West Haven) is Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College (3.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,615 students | 3.10 Mi200 N Washington Blvd
Ogden,  UT  84404
- 529 students | 9.10 Mi300 N. Coit Road, Suite 300
Richardson,  TX  75080
- 217 students | 11.20 Mi915 N 400 W
Layton,  UT  84041
- 126 students | 11.50 Mi869 West Hill Field Road
Layton,  UT  84041
- 3,345 students | 14.70 Mi550 E 300 S
Kaysville,  UT  84037
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.