Eagle Gate College-Layton
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Eagle Gate College-Layton||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||17 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||217 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||91 students||270 students|
|# Part-Time Students||126 students||644 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2008)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,700||$32,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Eagle Gate College-Layton is Broadview University-Layton (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 126 students | 0.50 Mi869 West Hill Field Road
Layton,  UT  84041
- 3,345 students | 4.00 Mi550 E 300 S
Kaysville,  UT  84037
- 2,615 students | 13.20 Mi200 N Washington Blvd
Ogden,  UT  84404
- 205 students | 13.80 Mi1350 W. 1890 S.
Ogden,  UT  84401
- 1,995 students | 21.20 Mi95 North 300 West
Salt Lake City,  UT  84101
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.