St. Catharine College (Closed 2016)
- The teacher population of 78 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|St. Catharine College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||78 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||766 students||3,252 students|
|# Full-Time Students||574 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||192 students||1,892 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||569 students||1,360 students|
|# Graduate Students||5 students||42 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,800||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1931, St. Catharine College focuses on combining the strengths of a well-rounded?liberal arts education with sound professional preparation?for the future. When students graduate from St. Catharine College, they are well-equipped to pursue the career of their choice, to be productive citizens and leaders, and to be lifelong learners.One point of pride is our?field-based teacher education program, which places students in classrooms during the duration of the program, not just at the end.?The Berry Farming Program is based on internationally-known author and farmer Wendell Berry's philosophy, making it the only program of its kind in the world.?The radiation therapy program is the only program of its kind in the state?and one of only 80 such programs in the United States.In fact, all twenty-five St. Catharine degree programs - including management, life sciences, English, creative writing, fine arts, criminal justice and others - feature the opportunity for internships and travel beyond the classroom.St. Catharine College is a Catholic institution which follows the four?Dominican pillars of prayer, study, community and ministry. While rich in faith and tradition, we embrace Christian principles while welcoming individuals of all religious traditions. The student body, over 750 students from counties all over Kentucky, 22 states, and 11countries, is divided almost equally among Catholics, Baptists, and persons of other faiths, and there is an ecumenical feeling that celebrates faith in its many forms.The college is a member of the nationally recognized?NAIA Mid-South Conference, offers a wide range of men's and women's sports and is competitive at the national level. Outstanding collegiate-level athletic fields in soccer, baseball, softball, track and field, and tennis are prominent on campus.The college boasts modern residence halls including Aquinas Hall, which opened in 2011 with apartment-style facilities for upperclassmen. The campus features excellent professional health and science laboratories, modern classrooms, quality food, and a recently opened, state-of-the-art library, which is the intellectual heart of the campus.Located on approximately?100 acres in a scenic and calm small town environment, the college is, at the same time, directly accessible to the hustle and bustle of cites such as Louisville, Lexington, and Cincinnati. At St. Catharine you will find small classes, a dedicated faculty who will know your name, and a supportive administrative and academic support staff dedicated to your success. A balanced plan of academic, athletic, and need-based financial support is available. Over 20 endowed and funded scholarships are available to our students and?98 percent of our students receive financial aid.St. Catharine College is a place where success thrives; where you can explore, grow, and learn who you will become. We prepare students to be lifelong learners who are motivated to explore new ideas and opportunities. St. Catharine College provides a welcoming environment in which students can develop a sense of responsibility for themselves, their community, and a just society.
- The nearest community college to St. Catharine College is Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (33.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,314 students | 33.70 Mi600 College Street Rd
Elizabethtown,  KY  42701
- 1,120 students | 38.90 Mi3605 Fern Valley Road
Louisville,  KY  40219
- 439 students | 39.20 Mi10180 Linn Station Rd Ste A200
Louisville,  KY  40223
- 3,489 students | 41.30 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville,  KY  40205
- 1,140 students | 43.70 Mi512 E. Stephens St
Midway,  KY  40347
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.