Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College is a comprehensive community and technical college committed to providing quality, affordable, and accessible educational and training opportunities to all persons. The college collaborates with other organizations to provide programs and services that prepare individuals to live and to work in a constantly changing world.
- The teacher population of 195 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Elizabethtown Community and Technical College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||195 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,314 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,821 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,493 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,400||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (ECTC) is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS), which includes 16 districts. The college provides accessible and affordable education and training through academic and technical associate degrees; diploma and certificate programs in occupational fields; pre-baccalaureate education; adult, continuing and developmental education; customized training for business and industry; and distance learning. Elizabethtown Technical College (ETC) was founded in 1965 through a bond issue by the Elizabethtown Independent School Board. The Commonwealth of Kentucky provided equipment for the facility and assumed responsibility for its operation. In 1972 the state purchased the land and building from the Elizabethtown Independent School Board. In 1998 ETC became a technical college under the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. Elizabethtown Community and Technical College offers Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degree programs, Associate in Applied Science degree, diploma, and certificate programs, Continuing education and Developmental education courses. Elizabethtown Community and Technical College is accredited to award Associate Degrees by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- The nearest community college to Elizabethtown Community and Technical College is Brown Mackie College-Louisville (33.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,120 students | 33.70 Mi3605 Fern Valley Road
Louisville,  KY  40219
- 3,575 students | 37.70 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville,  KY  40205
- 13,550 students | 38.90 Mi109 E Broadway
Louisville,  KY  40202
- 439 students | 40.50 Mi10180 Linn Station Rd Ste A200
Louisville,  KY  40223
- 879 students | 41.60 Mi1031 Zorn Avenue , Suite 400
Louisville,  KY  40207
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.