Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College is a comprehensive community and technical college committed to providing quality, affordable, and accessible educational and training opportunities to all persons. The college collaborates with other organizations to provide programs and services that prepare individuals to live and to work in a constantly changing world.
- The teacher population of 195 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Elizabethtown Community and Technical College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||195 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,314 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,821 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,493 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,400||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (ECTC) is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS), which includes 16 districts. The college provides accessible and affordable education and training through academic and technical associate degrees; diploma and certificate programs in occupational fields; pre-baccalaureate education; adult, continuing and developmental education; customized training for business and industry; and distance learning. Elizabethtown Technical College (ETC) was founded in 1965 through a bond issue by the Elizabethtown Independent School Board. The Commonwealth of Kentucky provided equipment for the facility and assumed responsibility for its operation. In 1972 the state purchased the land and building from the Elizabethtown Independent School Board. In 1998 ETC became a technical college under the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. Elizabethtown Community and Technical College offers Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degree programs, Associate in Applied Science degree, diploma, and certificate programs, Continuing education and Developmental education courses. Elizabethtown Community and Technical College is accredited to award Associate Degrees by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- The nearest community college to Elizabethtown Community and Technical College is Brown Mackie College-Louisville (33.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,120 students | 33.70 Mi3605 Fern Valley Road
Louisville,  KY  40219
- 3,489 students | 37.70 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville,  KY  40205
- 13,550 students | 38.90 Mi109 E Broadway
Louisville,  KY  40202
- 439 students | 40.50 Mi10180 Linn Station Rd Ste A200
Louisville,  KY  40223
- 879 students | 41.60 Mi1031 Zorn Avenue , Suite 400
Louisville,  KY  40207
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.