Walla Walla Community College
- The teacher population of 454 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Walla Walla Community College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||454 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,536 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,847 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,689 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,200||$36,200|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Walla Walla Community College has rapidly grown from 850 students in 1967 to a present annual enrollment of over 13,000. Beautifully located on approximately 100 acres, the Walla Walla campus has become an educational and cultural center for Southeastern Washington. Extending its facilities and programs throughout its four-county district, Walla Walla Community College's Clarkston Center, located in Clarkston, Washington, is the hub of educational activity in Asotin and Garfield counties. WWCC also maintains a facility at the Washington State Penitentiary. Walla Walla Community College offers courses in basic skills, acquiring professional or technical proficiencies for the workforce, transfer to four-year institution. WWCC offers the Associate of Arts, the Associate of Science and the Associate of Arts in Applied Science (AAAS) degree, as well as one-year certificates and a variety of short-term certificates and endorsements. Walla Walla Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and certified by the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges to offer courses in Academic Transfer Education, Professional-Technical Education, Transitional Studies, and Extended Learning.
- The nearest community college to Walla Walla Community College is Blue Mountain Community College (38.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,731 students | 38.10 Mi2411 NW Carden Ave
Pendleton,  OR  97801
- 11,368 students | 41.90 Mi2600 N 20th Ave
Pasco,  WA  99301
- 2,016 students | 91.20 Mi7662 Chanute St NE
Moses Lake,  WA  98837
- 3,950 students | 113.10 MiSouth 16th Ave. & Nob Hill Blvd.
Yakima,  WA  98907
- 91 students | 116.20 MiS 178 Stevens
Spokane,  WA  99201
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.