Southwestern Community College (Creston)
- Southwestern Community College exists in order that Area XIV community members have the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge sufficient for successful employment, higher education achievement, or adult and continuing education.
- The teacher population of 62 teachers has declined by 27% over five years.
|Southwestern Community College (Creston)||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||62 staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,600 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||764 students||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||836 students||1,530 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||285||420|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,100||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Within Arts & Sciences, you can earn the Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree or the Associate of Science (A.S.) degree. The A.A. degree is primarily a general education degree intended for transfer to a four-year institution. The A.S. degree is designed for students preparing to enter the job market, but may also transfer to a four-year institution. The objective of the Vocational/Technical programs is to provide instruction of a preparatory type in the development of basic skills, safety, technical knowledge, and related information for the purpose of preparing persons for employment. Student Support Service program offers academic support, counseling services and cultural enrichment activities to students who are first generation in college, low-income or have a disability. The focus of Educational Talent Search (ETS) is to encourage and assist students to reach their academic and personal goals by helping them stay in school, enroll in a post-secondary school of their choice or help them complete the GED.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 194 students | 49.10 Mi7000 Fleur Drive
Des Moines,  IA  50321
- 874 students | 50.50 Mi4655 121st Street
Urbandale,  IA  50323
- 23,526 students | 61.80 Mi2006 Ankeny Blvd
Ankeny,  IA  50023
- 6,547 students | 75.10 Mi2700 College Rd
Council Bluffs,  IA  51503
- 1,775 students | 79.50 Mi1301 Main St
Trenton,  MO  64683
March 21, 2018
Learn how community colleges are outperforming 4 year universities in several different areas.
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.