Southwestern Community College (Creston)
- Southwestern Community College exists in order that Area XIV community members have the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge sufficient for successful employment, higher education achievement, or adult and continuing education.
- The teacher population of 62 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southwestern Community College (Creston)||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||62 staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,600 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||764 students||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||836 students||1,530 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||285||285|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,100||$36,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Within Arts & Sciences, you can earn the Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree or the Associate of Science (A.S.) degree. The A.A. degree is primarily a general education degree intended for transfer to a four-year institution. The A.S. degree is designed for students preparing to enter the job market, but may also transfer to a four-year institution. The objective of the Vocational/Technical programs is to provide instruction of a preparatory type in the development of basic skills, safety, technical knowledge, and related information for the purpose of preparing persons for employment. Student Support Service program offers academic support, counseling services and cultural enrichment activities to students who are first generation in college, low-income or have a disability. The focus of Educational Talent Search (ETS) is to encourage and assist students to reach their academic and personal goals by helping them stay in school, enroll in a post-secondary school of their choice or help them complete the GED.
- The nearest community college to Southwestern Community College (Creston) is Kaplan University-Des Moines Campus (50.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 874 students | 50.50 Mi4655 121st Street
Urbandale,  IA  50323
- 35,488 students | 61.80 Mi2006 Ankeny Blvd
Ankeny,  IA  50023
- 6,547 students | 75.10 Mi2700 College Rd
Council Bluffs,  IA  51503
- 1,775 students | 79.50 Mi1301 Main St
Trenton,  MO  64683
- 14,675 students | 83.50 Mi30 & Fort Street
Omaha,  NE  68111
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.