Purdue University Global-Des Moines
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (515) 727-2100
- Kaplan University has everything you need to train for a successful future. Because we value choice, we give you many options for beginning your college education. Through career-focused degree programs, our experienced instructors teach technical skills and inside knowledge that you won’t find in most textbooks. At Kaplan University, we understand your need for options when it comes to school. That is why we offer classes both day and night giving you the flexibility needed to balance your life and your education. You can continue working at your current job while receiving an education that could lead to a successful career. We also offer online courses to create even more balance in your life. Our programs are designed to provide you with knowledge and skills for the professional world, not just for the classroom. With employers increasingly hiring candidates with experience, training, and a formal education, an education from Kaplan University is just what you need. The courses, along with the externship opportunities we offer, can prepare you for the real-life challenges of a new career.
Purdue University Global-Des Moines places among the top 20% of community colleges in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Purdue University Global-Des Moines||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||110 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Hamilton College was originally established in Mason City, Iowa, in 1900 as a proprietary career college, and has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating college in the state of Iowa specializing in business education. In 1980, Hamilton opened a campus in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to allow more students to be part of the Hamilton educational experience. In 1988, the Des Moines, Iowa, campus was added to create a triad of campuses to better accommodate the entire state. Hamilton College recently completed renovations on an additional 8,000 square feet of classroom and nursing lab space. The expansion brings the total campus size to just under 40,000 square feet. The Des Moines, Iowa, campus offers programs in Business, Legal, Information Technology and Healthcare. The 2+2 Bachelor of Science in Management Degree option is an innovative progam that combines the career-oriented focus of a two-year program with the academic curriculum of a four-year program. Hamilton College has a well-established and long-standing reputation for providing hands-on training in a student-centered learning environment. Through the 2+2 option, students receive the same advantages of a two-year program while having an opportunity to expand upon their base knowledge while working toward the Bachelor of Science in Management degree. The 2+2 Bachelor of Science in Managment degree with concentrations in Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice and Management of Information Systems. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
The nearest community college to Purdue University Global-Des Moines is Des Moines Area Community College (9.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 23,474 students | 9.70 Mi2006 Ankeny Blvd
Ankeny,  IA  50023
(515) 964-6241 9.7023,474
- 1,547 students | 50.50 Mi1501 West Townline Street
Creston,  IA  50801
(641) 782-7081 50.501,547
- 1,931 students | 50.90 Mi3700 S Center St
Marshalltown,  IA  50158
(641) 752-7106 50.901,931
- 5,390 students | 58.20 MiOne Triton Circle
Fort Dodge,  IA  50501
(515) 577-00000000 58.205,390
- 796 students | 66.30 Mi1100 College Ave
Iowa Falls,  IA  50126
(800) 322-9235 66.30796
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.