- Kaplan University has everything you need to train for a successful future. Because we value choice, we give you many options for beginning your college education. Through career-focused degree programs, our experienced instructors teach technical skills and inside knowledge that you wonï¿½t find in most textbooks. At Kaplan University, we understand your need for options when it comes to school. That is why we offer classes both day and night giving you the flexibility needed to balance your life and your education. You can continue working at your current job while receiving an education that could lead to a successful career. We also offer online courses to create even more balance in your life. Our programs are designed to provide you with knowledge and skills for the professional world, not just for the classroom. With employers increasingly hiring candidates with experience, training, and a formal education, an education from Kaplan University is just what you need. The courses, along with the externship opportunities we offer, can prepare you for the real-life challenges of a new career.
Purdue University Global-Des Moines serves 760 students (42% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 40:1 is higher than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 51% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 26%.
- Enrollment: 760 students
- In-state tuition: $15,352
- Out-state tuition: $15,352
- Student:teacher ratio: 40:1
- Minority enrollment: 51%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Purdue University Global-Des Moines ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Purdue University Global-Des Moines
(IA) Community College Avg.
Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Purdue University Global-Des Moines has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 40:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Purdue University Global-Des Moines diversity score of 0.62 is more than the state average of 0.44. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $15,352 is more than the state average of $4,331. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $15,352 is more than the state average of $4,920. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Hamilton College was originally established in Mason City, Iowa, in 1900 as a proprietary career college, and has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating college in the state of Iowa specializing in business education. In 1980, Hamilton opened a campus in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to allow more students to be part of the Hamilton educational experience. In 1988, the Des Moines, Iowa, campus was added to create a triad of campuses to better accommodate the entire state. Hamilton College recently completed renovations on an additional 8,000 square feet of classroom and nursing lab space. The expansion brings the total campus size to just under 40,000 square feet. The Des Moines, Iowa, campus offers programs in Business, Legal, Information Technology and Healthcare. The 2+2 Bachelor of Science in Management Degree option is an innovative progam that combines the career-oriented focus of a two-year program with the academic curriculum of a four-year program. Hamilton College has a well-established and long-standing reputation for providing hands-on training in a student-centered learning environment. Through the 2+2 option, students receive the same advantages of a two-year program while having an opportunity to expand upon their base knowledge while working toward the Bachelor of Science in Management degree. The 2+2 Bachelor of Science in Managment degree with concentrations in Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice and Management of Information Systems. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Purdue University Global-Des Moines cost?
Purdue University Global-Des Moines's tuition is approximately $15,352 for In-State students and $15,352 for Out-State students.
What is Purdue University Global-Des Moines's ranking?
Purdue University Global-Des Moines ranks among the top 20% of community college in Iowa for: Diversity in US community colleges, Average community college minority breakdown, Percent of students receiving financial aid and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.