North Central Missouri College
- North Central Missouri College provides comprehensive higher educational programs and services that are academically, geographically, and financially accessible to the residents and the communities of north central Missouri. North Central Missouri College promotes awareness of both the freedom and the responsibility associated with education. The College encourages free-flowing ideas and responsible action and emphasizes self-reliance, productivity, and a lifelong commitment to learning. The College, an open-admission community college, is committed to delivering quality instruction and support services to the broad range of students who can benefit from formal instruction.
- The teacher population of 62 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Central Missouri College||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||62 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,775 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||927 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||848 students||612 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,100||$31,000|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Baptist Student Union, Delta Epsilon Chi Marketing and Managment Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, PAS Agriculture Club, Phi Mu Epsilon Sorority, Psychology/Sociology Club, Residence Hall Association, Student Missouri State Teachers Association, Student Nurses' Association, Student Senate
Arts and Music Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- North Central Missouri College is truly a remarkable college known for its academic excellence and strong sense of community. We believe our educational institution signifies choice and value. It is people gathering to investigate, discover, seek opportunities, and embark upon countless challenges for betterment. North Central Missouri College is a community college founded in 1925. We exist to serve the residents of north central Missouri and offer many types of courses and programs, including classes that transfer to four-year colleges and courses that develop specific career skills. As a community college, NCMC serves the special needs of this particular area with its programs and services. We offer University transfer programs, career programs, individual courses for personal or professional growth, short courses and seminars on a credit or non-credit basis, student services and activities including counseling, testing, career planning, financial aid, athletics, intramurals and student activities. We also offers adult education and literacy, cultural enrichment programs, upward bound-a college-prep program for selected high school students and sss-a college success program funded by a federal TRIO grant. The College began a beautification effort several years ago and have enhanced the scenery of our campus with lush shrubs, lawns, and reflective areas on campus. Our Ketcham Center is the home of our competitive sports programs, but also provides you a membership ensuring an active lifestyle while on campus. Our Cross Hall Allied Health building and Barton Agriculture campus offer state of the art technologies. Plans are underway to renovate Geyer Hall.
- The nearest community college to North Central Missouri College is Wentworth Military Academy & College (63.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 851 students | 63.00 Mi1880 Washington Avenue
Lexington,  MO  64067
- n/a students | 75.80 Mi2601 NE Barry Road
Kansas City,  MO  64156
- 5,431 students | 76.80 Mi101 College Ave
Moberly,  MO  65270
- 140 students | 78.10 Mi11500 N Ambassador Ste 221
Kansas City,  MO  64153
- n/a students | 78.90 Mi20301 East 78 Highway
Independence,  MO  64057
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.