Southern State Community College
- The teacher population of 88 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southern State Community College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||88 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,462 students||734 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,135 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,327 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,300||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Southern State Community College is a state-assisted college that offers two-year degree programs for baccalaureate transfer and for technical and occupational preparation. It is the only such college serving a rural population though four separate campuses, as well as through outreach centers and efforts in the county where a permanent campus is not located. Located in beautiful southern Ohio, Southern State is a two-year community college that serves the diverse needs of its constituents. Established in 1975 as Southern State General and Technical College the primary academic focus was technical degrees. After changing to Southern State Community College in 1977 the curriculum expanded to meet the demands of students seeking specific career training as well as the needs of those students wishing to transfer after their first two-years of education. In addition to offering Associate degrees in both technical as well as transfer programs, the College offers a wide array of adult basic literacy courses and workforce training programs. Priding itself on offering affordable, accessible, and high quality education, Southern State continues to reach more and more people throughout southern Ohio and beyond. With four convenient locations throughout Adams, Brown, Clinton, Highland, and Fayette counties in Ohio, the College has become a pillar of quality in the community. The College has 27 Associate Degree programs and 5 Certificate Programs to serve the diverse goals of their students. Southern State is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Southern State Community College is Chatfield College (15.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 408 students | 15.00 Mi20918 State Route 251
Fayetteville,  OH  45118
- 3,246 students | 32.90 Mi4200 Clermont College Dr
Batavia,  OH  45103
- 2,308 students | 33.20 Mi101 University Drive
Chillicothe,  OH  45601
- 918 students | 36.40 Mi1011 Glendale-Milford Rd
Cincinnati,  OH  45215
- 1,645 students | 40.10 Mi555 E Alex Bell Rd
Dayton,  OH  45459
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.