- The mission of Southern State Community College is to provide accessible, affordable and high quality education to the residents of its service area.
- Enrollment: 2,018 students
- In-state tuition: $4,232
- Out-state tuition: $7,938
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 6%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Southern State Community College is a state-assisted college that offers two-year degree programs for baccalaureate transfer and for technical and occupational preparation. It is the only such college serving a rural population though four separate campuses, as well as through outreach centers and efforts in the county where a permanent campus is not located. Located in beautiful southern Ohio, Southern State is a two-year community college that serves the diverse needs of its constituents. Established in 1975 as Southern State General and Technical College the primary academic focus was technical degrees. After changing to Southern State Community College in 1977 the curriculum expanded to meet the demands of students seeking specific career training as well as the needs of those students wishing to transfer after their first two-years of education. In addition to offering Associate degrees in both technical as well as transfer programs, the College offers a wide array of adult basic literacy courses and workforce training programs. Priding itself on offering affordable, accessible, and high quality education, Southern State continues to reach more and more people throughout southern Ohio and beyond. With four convenient locations throughout Adams, Brown, Clinton, Highland, and Fayette counties in Ohio, the College has become a pillar of quality in the community. The College has 27 Associate Degree programs and 5 Certificate Programs to serve the diverse goals of their students. Southern State is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.