Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (573) 334-6825
- The Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing & Health Sciences is a private not-for-profit institution of higher learning that specializes in the preparation of individuals for high demand health care careers. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Our mission is to respond to the health care educational needs of the region by preparing qualified health care professionals.
Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Four-Year: Other Health Professions Schools||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences is Metro Business College-Cape Girardeau (2.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 45 students | 2.60 Mi1732 N Kingshighway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
(573) 334-9181 2.6045
- 1,125 students | 21.80 Mi8364 Shawnee College Rd
Ullin, IL 62992
(618) 634-3200 21.801,125
- 4,040 students | 39.70 Mi700 Logan College Road
Carterville, IL 62918
(618) 985-3741 39.704,040
- 6,193 students | 51.60 Mi4810 Alben Barkley Drive
Paducah, KY 42002
(270) 554-9200 51.606,193
- 3,076 students | 60.90 Mi2080 Three Rivers Blvd
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
(573) 840-9600 60.903,076
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?