Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (573) 334-6825
- The Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing & Health Sciences is a private not-for-profit institution of higher learning that specializes in the preparation of individuals for high demand health care careers. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Our mission is to respond to the health care educational needs of the region by preparing qualified health care professionals.
Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 47% over five years.
|Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Four-Year: Other Health Professions Schools||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences is Shawnee Community College (21.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,125 students | 21.80 Mi8364 Shawnee College Rd
Ullin, IL 62992
(618) 634-3200 21.801,125
- 4,040 students | 39.70 Mi700 Logan College Road
Carterville, IL 62918
(618) 985-3741 39.704,040
- 6,193 students | 51.60 Mi4810 Alben Barkley Drive
Paducah, KY 42002
(270) 554-9200 51.606,193
- 3,076 students | 60.90 Mi2080 Three Rivers Blvd
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
(573) 840-9600 60.903,076
- 5,287 students | 63.40 Mi5270 Flat River Road
Park Hills, MO 63601
(573) 431-4593 63.405,287
While community colleges are a very affordable option over four-year universities, some campuses are increasing their tuition either across the board or for popular degree programs.
With a large percentage of community college students needing remedial coursework, educators and policymakers are questioning the causes and solutions to this problem. Gather insight into the issue and how students can better prepare for community college coursework.
Learn about the demand for technicians of alternative fuel automobiles and its future career potential. Start your career as an alternative fuel vehicle technician at your local community college.