- Three Rivers Community College is a public, comprehensive community college located in Southeast Missouri. The college serves a variety of higher educational needs for the residents of the college district and the surrounding area. The college has the philosophy that educational opportunities should be accessible and available regardless of economic, social, motivational, physical, and geographical barriers. In support of this philosophy the college maintains an open admissions policy, actively develops financial aid resources, emphasizes quality in teaching and counseling for students, and offers classes off campus. Finally, the college believes that education is not only a preparation to earn a living but is also a way of life.
Three Rivers College serves 2,759 students (56% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the state community college average of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 38%.
- Enrollment: 2,759 students
- In-state tuition: $4,968
- Out-state tuition: $6,048
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 17%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 229 teachers has grown by 81% over five years.
Three Rivers College
(MO) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Three Rivers College has declined by 14% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five years.
The Three Rivers College diversity score of 0.30 is less than the state average of 0.56. The school's diversity has declined by 18% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,968 is more than the state average of $4,464. The in-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,048 is less than the state average of $6,120. The out-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Three Rivers Community College was founded April 5, 1966, when citizens of Butler, Carter, Ripley, and Wayne counties, located in Southeast Missouri, voted into existence the Three Rivers Junior College District. Since that time, the college has grown and prospered. Beginning in storefront facilities in downtown Poplar Bluff, Missouri, with 138 students in the summer of 1967, the college moved to its seventy-acre campus in August of 1979. Currently over 3,500 students are enrolled in the various college transfer, occupational-technical, developmental and continuing education courses. Three Rivers Community College offers over 80 degree and certificate programs. Along with excellent programs, TRCC also offers superior scheduling flexibility. Day and evening courses are offered in the Fall, Spring and Summer. Distance Learning opportunities are also available including web and telecourses at over 30 off-sites. TRCC serves more than 3,200 students enrolled in more than 30 associate degree curricula intended for transfer for baccalaureate completion and in technical or career degree and certificate programs. The college also serves over 3,700 students in non-credit and continuing education courses and activities off-campus throughout the 15-county service region. At the present time, the college offers courses at over 28 extension sites beyond the Poplar Bluff campus. With outstanding faculty, three separate campus locations and a strong commitment to helping students reach their educational goals; TRCC continues to be a superior choice for a high quality education. No matter if you are planning to transfer to a four-year college with your associate's degree or taking your associates or certificate to use in the workforce, your future begins here at TRCC. Three Rivers Community College, "home of the Raiders," has nationally recognized varsity sports programs for men and women in basketball, baseball, volleyball, baseball, softball and cheerleading.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Three Rivers College cost?
Three Rivers College's tuition is approximately $4,968 for In-State students and $6,048 for Out-State students.
Want to Lose Weight? How Your Community College Can Help
If you are looking to shed extra weight, your best source of support may be your community college. Learn about dieting programs, support groups, and even classes to help you get healthy.
How Community Colleges are Inspiring Young Girls to Soar to Success
Learn about how community colleges are introducing programs that inspire young girls to achieve more academically, socially, and emotionally.
July 16, 2023Careers: Sustainable Agriculture
Discover the promising world of sustainable agriculture and explore the diverse careers it offers for those passionate about building a greener future. From eco-friendly farming practices and cutting-edge agri-tech to impactful roles in supply chain management and impact investment, this article sheds light on how professionals in sustainable agriculture are shaping a more sustainable and resilient global food system.