Three Rivers College
Tel: (573) 840-9600
- Three Rivers Community College is a public, comprehensive community college located in Southeast Missouri. The college serves a variety of higher educational needs for the residents of the college district and the surrounding area. The college has the philosophy that educational opportunities should be accessible and available regardless of economic, social, motivational, physical, and geographical barriers. In support of this philosophy the college maintains an open admissions policy, actively develops financial aid resources, emphasizes quality in teaching and counseling for students, and offers classes off campus. Finally, the college believes that education is not only a preparation to earn a living but is also a way of life.
The teacher population of 126 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Three Rivers College||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||126 staff||41 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Three Rivers Community College was founded April 5, 1966, when citizens of Butler, Carter, Ripley, and Wayne counties, located in Southeast Missouri, voted into existence the Three Rivers Junior College District. Since that time, the college has grown and prospered. Beginning in storefront facilities in downtown Poplar Bluff, Missouri, with 138 students in the summer of 1967, the college moved to its seventy-acre campus in August of 1979. Currently over 3,500 students are enrolled in the various college transfer, occupational-technical, developmental and continuing education courses. Three Rivers Community College offers over 80 degree and certificate programs. Along with excellent programs, TRCC also offers superior scheduling flexibility. Day and evening courses are offered in the Fall, Spring and Summer. Distance Learning opportunities are also available including web and telecourses at over 30 off-sites. TRCC serves more than 3,200 students enrolled in more than 30 associate degree curricula intended for transfer for baccalaureate completion and in technical or career degree and certificate programs. The college also serves over 3,700 students in non-credit and continuing education courses and activities off-campus throughout the 15-county service region. At the present time, the college offers courses at over 28 extension sites beyond the Poplar Bluff campus. With outstanding faculty, three separate campus locations and a strong commitment to helping students reach their educational goals; TRCC continues to be a superior choice for a high quality education. No matter if you are planning to transfer to a four-year college with your associate's degree or taking your associates or certificate to use in the workforce, your future begins here at TRCC. Three Rivers Community College, "home of the Raiders," has nationally recognized varsity sports programs for men and women in basketball, baseball, volleyball, baseball, softball and cheerleading.
The nearest community college to Three Rivers College is Black River Technical College (47.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,582 students | 47.00 Mi1410 Hwy 304 East
Pocahontas,  AR  72455
(870) 248-4000 47.001,582
- 198 students | 49.80 Mi100 College Dr
Paragould,  AR  72450
(870) 236-6901 49.80198
- 175 students | 60.90 Mi2001 William Street
Cape Girardeau,  MO  63703
(573) 334-6825 60.90175
- 45 students | 61.00 Mi1732 N Kingshighway
Cape Girardeau,  MO  63701
(573) 334-9181 61.0045
- 1,422 students | 67.00 Mi2501 S Division
Blytheville,  AR  72316
(870) 762-00000000 67.001,422
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.