Shawnee Community College
- The teacher population of 73 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Shawnee Community College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||73 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,799 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||849 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||950 students||2,613 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,000||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Shawnee Community College Main Campus is located on 152 acres of rolling hills and woods near the scenic Cache River Wetlands and the Ohio River a few miles to the south. One of most beautiful community college campuses in Illinois, Shawnee consists of the original “Rustic” campus that now houses many area agencies, the main “New” campus building that covers 140,000 square feet, athletic fields, a lake, nature trails, vineyards, and agriculture test plots. Shawnee offers almost 100 academic programs – from two-year associate degrees to certificates that take a matter of weeks to complete. We have broad variety of programs that will get you ready for transfer to a university or start a vocational career – one of which may be right for you. We offer one of the most affordable tuition rates in Illinois and the Midwest. Our classes are convenient - offered during the day or evening - and often in your hometown. We were one of the first colleges to offer classes on the Internet. You can take over 50 courses from the comfort of home. But most importantly, our staff and faculty care about your success. Our students rave about the personal attention our instructors and support staff gives to make college a positive experience. We also offer adult education classes to provide courses to upgrade reading, writing and mathematical skills, achieve a GED certificate or pursue a personal interest, such as starting up a small business. In fact the Small Business Development Center works with new and existing businesses to develop business plans, provide training and aid in seeking financial support. Shawnee Community College is a vital member of a five-county economic development partnership. Assistance with economic development issues and concerns, site identification, workforce availability, demographics and proposal development is available.
- The nearest community college to Shawnee Community College is Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences (26.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 233 students | 26.10 Mi2001 William Street
Cape Girardeau,  MO  63703
- 6,402 students | 27.20 Mi4810 Alben Barkley Drive
Paducah,  KY  42002
- 118 students | 27.80 Mi1732 N Kingshighway
Cape Girardeau,  MO  63701
- 6,718 students | 33.20 Mi700 Logan College Road
Carterville,  IL  62918
- 1,834 students | 48.30 Mi3575 College Road
Harrisburg,  IL  62946
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.