- Shawnee College is a two year community college located in Southernmost Illinois. The Main Campus is located in Ullin, Illinois.
- Enrollment: 1,176 students
- In-state tuition: $4,672
- Out-state tuition: $5,088
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 17%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Shawnee Community College Main Campus is located on 152 acres of rolling hills and woods near the scenic Cache River Wetlands and the Ohio River a few miles to the south. One of most beautiful community college campuses in Illinois, Shawnee consists of the original “Rustic” campus that now houses many area agencies, the main “New” campus building that covers 140,000 square feet, athletic fields, a lake, nature trails, vineyards, and agriculture test plots. Shawnee offers almost 100 academic programs – from two-year associate degrees to certificates that take a matter of weeks to complete. We have broad variety of programs that will get you ready for transfer to a university or start a vocational career – one of which may be right for you. We offer one of the most affordable tuition rates in Illinois and the Midwest. Our classes are convenient - offered during the day or evening - and often in your hometown. We were one of the first colleges to offer classes on the Internet. You can take over 50 courses from the comfort of home. But most importantly, our staff and faculty care about your success. Our students rave about the personal attention our instructors and support staff gives to make college a positive experience. We also offer adult education classes to provide courses to upgrade reading, writing and mathematical skills, achieve a GED certificate or pursue a personal interest, such as starting up a small business. In fact the Small Business Development Center works with new and existing businesses to develop business plans, provide training and aid in seeking financial support. Shawnee Community College is a vital member of a five-county economic development partnership. Assistance with economic development issues and concerns, site identification, workforce availability, demographics and proposal development is available.