- Shawnee College is a two year community college located in Southernmost Illinois. The Main Campus is located in Ullin, Illinois.
Shawnee Community College serves 1,176 students (54% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 47%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,176 students
- In-state tuition: $4,672
- Out-state tuition: $5,088
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 17%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Shawnee Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
The teacher population of 121 teachers has grown by 65% over five years.
Shawnee Community College
(IL) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Shawnee Community College has declined by 21% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has increased from 9:1 over five years.
The Shawnee Community College diversity score of 0.30 is less than the state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has declined by 19% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,672 is less than the state average of $7,972. The in-state tuition has declined by 16% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $5,088 is less than the state average of $10,688. The out-state tuition has declined by 14% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The Shawnee Community College Main Campus is located on 152 acres of rolling hills and woods near the scenic Cache River Wetlands and the Ohio River a few miles to the south. One of most beautiful community college campuses in Illinois, Shawnee consists of the original “Rustic” campus that now houses many area agencies, the main “New” campus building that covers 140,000 square feet, athletic fields, a lake, nature trails, vineyards, and agriculture test plots. Shawnee offers almost 100 academic programs – from two-year associate degrees to certificates that take a matter of weeks to complete. We have broad variety of programs that will get you ready for transfer to a university or start a vocational career – one of which may be right for you. We offer one of the most affordable tuition rates in Illinois and the Midwest. Our classes are convenient - offered during the day or evening - and often in your hometown. We were one of the first colleges to offer classes on the Internet. You can take over 50 courses from the comfort of home. But most importantly, our staff and faculty care about your success. Our students rave about the personal attention our instructors and support staff gives to make college a positive experience. We also offer adult education classes to provide courses to upgrade reading, writing and mathematical skills, achieve a GED certificate or pursue a personal interest, such as starting up a small business. In fact the Small Business Development Center works with new and existing businesses to develop business plans, provide training and aid in seeking financial support. Shawnee Community College is a vital member of a five-county economic development partnership. Assistance with economic development issues and concerns, site identification, workforce availability, demographics and proposal development is available.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Shawnee Community College cost?
Shawnee Community College's tuition is approximately $4,672 for In-State students and $5,088 for Out-State students.
What is Shawnee Community College's ranking?
Shawnee Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Illinois for: Least expensive tuition.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.